Crashes and slowdowns, not the game but the GS creator

JamesZeppelinJamesZeppelin Member Posts: 1,927
edited November -1 in Tech Support
Ok so forgive me if this has been covered. I have searched the forums and i have found a lot of posts about game crashes and memory issues. Even safari crashes during tests.

For me the GS creator keeps shutting down. I can work around it and just save often and keep restarting but i am wondering if anyone else is having a similar problem.

Also it should be noted that load times for actors increases systematically. After about 10 minutes into working i just have to close and restart even if there is no crash.

For example my main "actor" takes about .5 seconds to load so i can edit him. After a few minutes of having GS open that same actor can take up to 1 min just to open... or the crash happens.

As far as testing that works fine... both in GS and safari.

thanks!

Comments

• jonmulcahyjonmulcahy Member, Sous Chef Posts: 10,408
    Yea, it's a known issue that's been discussed a few times :). Right now just save and restart often.
  • JamesZeppelinJamesZeppelin Member Posts: 1,927
    Yeah, figured so.
    All and all i cant really complain. I just wanted to make sure my game wasnt sucking some resources it should before i continue. Im still learning the ins and outs of a mac too so i didnt know if there was a tweak or anything.

thanks!
  • BeyondtheTechBeyondtheTech Member Posts: 809
    You're lucky, the more complex my game gets, I need to save more often and restart the application every few minutes. I'm getting random crashes now, the bug reports I've been consistently bombarding GameSalad with include issues with garbage collection. I hope a fix comes out SOON. Very tough to work like this!
    Yeah, im getting a crash about every three 2 or 3 minutes now. Even the tester shuts down safari sometimes
    Yeah, im getting a crash about every three 2 or 3 minutes now. Even the tester shuts down safari sometimes