massive graphics memory usage on 0.9.4

patm1982patm1982 Member Posts: 50
When I updated to 0.9.4, none of my game would run on my ipod anymore, so I went through everything to try to figure it out, and came to realize its all from the images.

And I did a test with a simple scene on both 0.9.4 & 0.9.3 versions and tested it on a ipod to see the difference!

----------
Game engine 3.8
other 4.3
total:15.1

0.9.4:
-----------
game engine:3.9
other:4.2
total:36.1

so on the new version any animations beyond a few frames will crash the game. according to my test its using 4 times the memory. Anybody had similar problems?

Comments

• 11clock11clock Member Posts: 450
    This is a problem with the GS Viewer only and on older devices. It has to do with Resolution Independence not working on the Viewer. If you want to test on the GS Viewer, uncheck Resolution Independence. Fortunately, the adhoc and distribution builds aren't affected and shouldn't crash. You just have to make sure RI is checked when you hit Publish.
  • patm1982patm1982 Member Posts: 50
    O thanks 11clock,
    I was wondering about that. I'm working on getting a Ad-hock version going, but in the process of getting some provisional certificates setup.

I ended up going through the xtml files and changing the '0.9.4' to '0.9.3' so I can use the previous version of GS on my current project........well at least until they fix the issue.
  • tenrdrmertenrdrmer Member, Sous Chef, Senior Sous-Chef Posts: 9,934
    Its not an issue with 0.9.4 its and issue with 0.9.4's gs viewer. so you'll have to downgrade your viewer install also. building an adhoc takes no more work that installing the viewer. Why not just test with an adhoc until it gets fixed. You wont be able to publish with 0.9.3 either.
  • calvin9403calvin9403 Member Posts: 3,186
    agree, building then are easy