I can never get featured :(

ktfrightktfright Member Posts: 964
edited November -1 in Introductions
wow... IDK how GS does their featuring of their web games, or maybe all my games are just not good enough to get featured as a web game, but c'mon. no diss to fire maple, as usual his games are amazing and push the envelop for GS games every time, but I feel like I just cant win with the concepts I throw out here. even with a lot of plays on most of my games, I just never ever seem to get featured in any way, not even for a little bit.

Just a rant...

Comments

• rebumprebump Member Posts: 1,058
    I like your LightSpeed Racer. Maybe more levels and jazz up the playfield a bit more. Maybe a few 1UP type things (like temp speed boost, bonus time reducer, etc.).

I love your background music. What do you use to create it?

Unfortunately for us, firemaplegame's (Joe's) game are really good! But that is very fortunate for him!!! :-) And thankfully he shares with us!
  • ktfrightktfright Member Posts: 964
    yeah, he is great! I seriously love his games, but still, most of my games have 120+ plays and still no feature.

I use beatmaker,noise.io and JR Hexatone for music.
  • eliehangeliehang Member, PRO Posts: 105
    I think the first thing people go for is the look of the game.. at least that's what I do in the app store. then I'll check the reviews about it. I'm more of a visual person anyway. your games are fun! but I honestly as a artist myself, I think you should put more time into your art. Spend a little bit more time visually, then they'll appreciate it more. Kinda like how you look at next gen games now and days. it's either the game looks good and fail. or the other way around. but if you have both! your be good. Just my opinion. Keep at it!
    i guess, but i don't know...
  • EastboundEastbound Member, BASIC Posts: 1,074
    Do you believe your games are amongst the best made on Gamesalad?
    no, i admit there are some problems to some of my games. i was just ranting about not being featured. it will happen for me some day.
  • EastboundEastbound Member, BASIC Posts: 1,074
    If you don't think your games are amongst the best, you can't expect the staff to. You will get there, and I will say a lot of it has to do with clean graphics. Work on that and you'll see huge improvements.
    i also admit that lightspeed's art still needs some work, but all my games personally to me are good, and Dang! graphics are exactly how i wanted them to look like - a paper game.
  • quantumsheepquantumsheep Member Posts: 8,188
    Honestly, I think it's just random.

We both know, KT, that the GS guys absolutely loved your DRFT game - and Lightspeed's very similar, right?

I really wouldn't take it personally mate.

Dr. Sam Beckett never returned home...
    Twitter: https://twitter.com/Quantum_Sheep
    Web: https://quantumsheep.itch.io

Lightspeed is similar to it,and you are right, i shouldn't really take it personal. thanks.
  • quantumsheepquantumsheep Member Posts: 8,188
    Response No.117 on Unbearably Wonderful:

"Ever tried? Ever failed? No matter, try again, fail again, fail better."

:)

Dr. Sam Beckett never returned home...
    Twitter: https://twitter.com/Quantum_Sheep
    Web: https://quantumsheep.itch.io

nice. :)
  • firemaplegamesfiremaplegames Member Posts: 3,211
    I am sorry your games haven't been featured yet! I swear I don't know the process works over at GameSalad headquarters.

And don't let this get you down, keep plugging away. Keep in mind that I have been making games for 20 years now... most of the people on these forums weren't even born when I started!

I am very happy that my games have been featured though, it spurs me on to do better work. And if I can help you out in any way, please let me know!

Joe
    You been making game longer than my whole life... :O, but really, you are very talented an I would buy your games no matter what the price!

I feel like im a good dev, but I have to keep learning so I can be a great dev. thank you. :)