Iads for developers... Did anybody try this?

azavegaazavega Member Posts: 362
Like the title says. Did anybody ever try this from apple?
How much it cost and if its worth it?
any experience please...

Comments

• azavegaazavega Member Posts: 362
    Bump!!! Anyone?
  • gyroscopegyroscope I am here.Member, Sous Chef, PRO Posts: 6,598
    iAds were the flavo(u)r of the month for a lot of people, with cash signs popping into their heads. Doesn't quite work out that way, (I said at the time but was dutifully ignored, the imagined cash register sounds drowning me out ;-) per click/per view ain't much at all although as with all things you got the exception to the rule and 1 or 2 people made decent money from it.

Then there's the morals of it - not quite the right word at all but what I'm trying to say...: - do you really want your game plastered with an iAd that'll take people away from gameplay; take away from concentrating on your game?

My opinions here only, of course, and I await with interest for another member to disagree and tell you they've made $500 a month using iAds....

""You are in a maze of twisty passages, all alike." - Zork        temp domain http://spidergriffin.wix.com/alphaghostapps

@gyroscope I think you didnt understand the question, Im not talking about Iads, my question is related to the program apple offers for developers to promote your app trough Iads...
    Iads work weird but actually Im making, rigth now, money only from them cause my apps r not selling at all...
    Whoops, sorry azavega, misread. You don't want to use iAds in your games. you want to advertise your games using iAds; got it now.

Umm....can't help you there, as I don't know, sorrry. :-(

""You are in a maze of twisty passages, all alike." - Zork        temp domain http://spidergriffin.wix.com/alphaghostapps

ok lol thanks anyways hope somebody tried already and can give me a clue
  • tenrdrmertenrdrmer Member, Sous Chef, Senior Sous-Chef Posts: 9,934
    I emailed them once about it but never got any response. They had like a contact form or application. I also think it's free to list apps but not sure. It seemed like you got a smaller percentage on the sales downloaded through iAds.
  • osucowboy18osucowboy18 Member Posts: 1,307
    I looked into it a while back, thinking it would help me out with sales, but the lowest price to advertise a paid app was $5,000. Not worth it in my opinion :(

- Alex
    _________________________________________________________________________________

Target Practice Template
    Custom Soundtracks and Sound Effects For Sale
    Vertical/Horizontal Level Select Template
    Mac Mini For SALE!!!
    Dawn!!! that sounds like toooooo much, lol
    thanks for your response guys...
    Cardinal said:
    I made 600$ in 2 months does that count?!?!?!?

Eat my hat Pictures, Images and Photos

OK everyone, today needs rebooting. Hang on to your hats.... (I can't, I'm eating mine...)

• MammothMammoth Member Posts: 640
    Personally I like the idea of iAds. When you think about it, it is kinda like TV. I just released 2 apps with iads in them. I for sure plan to release a lot of my games for free. But what I am REALLY looking forward to is in app purchases in game salad. 99 cents to take your ads away.

www.mammothinteractive.net
  • kapserkapser Member Posts: 458
    Yeah, I hadn't play app games since iAd and tried one. I find them annoying but it's a fine deal to get the game free. Using them sounds interresting though.

@Mammoth, Tacticolor looks amazing btw.
    Thanks, I didn't make that game I just composed the music for it :). It did QA the game and it is pretty good.

Well it seems ife you get A LOT of people playing your game you can made some decent money. Also you can put links to your other games and I bet that will increase sales. I just heard of game salad so Im kinda new of this but I have a great game in review right now :)

www.mammothinteractive.net
  • mshannonmshannon Member Posts: 35
    Apple emailed me a rate quotation on using iAds to advertise my games. The rate is flat at .25 cents per click.

You would need an amazing conversion ratio to profit off of iAds with a tier 1 game.
    One thing I would do is have my lite version with iads and for all of the hardcore gamer they can buy the app for a dollar and get access to game center etc. 25 cents a click isn't bad, but it would be better if it was closer to 50 cents.