Help With Uploading Error I've Never Seen!

EastboundEastbound Member, BASIC Posts: 1,074
I can upload the binary just fine, but when I press save changes I get an error:

The binary you uploaded was invalid. The application-identifier entitlement is not formatted correctly; it should contain your 10-character App ID Seed, followed by a dot, followed by your bundle identifier.

Any ideas?

Comments

• EastboundEastbound Member, BASIC Posts: 1,074
    I have tried all sorts of combinations similar to that.

Does the yourdomain part in your example have to match something I would've set up earlier?
    Yes. I've been able to submit apps perfectly in the past through xcode, but this is my first time with GS.
    Okay, so after reading a bunch of wikis and such, it turns out that for Game Salad I need to make a new App ID AND provisioning profile for each game?

Can somebody please verify this? I've published 3 apps in xCode with only one app ID, and have been able to test my games through the GS viewer.

This is so frustrating!
    Ah I didn't really understand what you meant earlier!

Seems ridiculous there are so many hoops to jump through!
    Does each app need its own provisioning profile?

I'd like to get this down before I try again tonight!
  • BeyondtheTechBeyondtheTech Member Posts: 809
    Yes.

Unlike other applications you may have created, GameSalad apps cannot currently be part of a Bundle App ID (one that you might have created in Apple's Developer Portal) such as `12345ABCDE.com.beyondthetech.*`

In the Developer Portal website, go to "App ID" and click "New App ID," and generate a new seed ID. If your company is called `gsgamesguy` and game is called `awesome,` then enter `awesome` in the description and for the Bundle ID (App ID Suffix) `com.gsgamesguy.awesome`

Then, go to "Provisioning," then "Distribution," then "New Profile." Enter in a new profile name, such as `GameSalad Awesome` and select `awesome` in the App ID drop down. Finally, press "Submit." You should now see your new Distribution Profile in "Pending" status.

Refresh the Distribution tab in a few seconds or more, and it will give you option to "Download." Download the file, then double-click on it in Finder to install into Xcode.

From there, you can use GameSalad to select that new `GameSalad Awesome` profile to Publish under, and the Bundle ID field should be greyed out, meaning that GameSalad will automatically populate that field for you. Complete building your game and creating the iPhone app, then zip it up and upload to Apple's iTunes Connect.

Hope that helps.
    Wow thank you for taking the time to write that detailed response!

It submitted successfully and all is well. Thanks a lot to the both of you!
  • BeyondtheTechBeyondtheTech Member Posts: 809
    Hey, good luck and keep on building more GS games!
  • ckck Member Posts: 224
    Three months late, but cheers for that detailed post, BT. I'd have never managed to upload my app without it.