Pricing question for iphone

JamesZeppelinJamesZeppelin Member Posts: 1,927
So lets say my app is free (being my first one and all)

If I have like 8 or 9 reviews and decide to raise the price up to .99 do i lose my reviews.

thanks!

Comments

• firemaplegamesfiremaplegames Member Posts: 3,211
    No, you don't lose your reviews. And you can change the price of your app any time you want to through iTunes Connect. That way you can have sales, or introductory offers, etc...
  • JoshKahaneJoshKahane Member Posts: 470
    Out of interest, anyone know how quickly the price actually changes? How long does it take to be seen and have changed for everyone to see in iTunes after having pressed confirm to change the price?
  • firemaplegamesfiremaplegames Member Posts: 3,211
    fairly quickly. an hour or two? it's not exact. Actually, I haven't changed the price yet. I'll let you know when I do.
  • jkornoffjkornoff Member Posts: 55
    In my experience, making changes through iTunes Connect to the info/description/pricing and knowing when those changes will post to the App Store is a very difficult thing to judge. I've had changes take an hour to post, and others over 24hrs.

Also, changes may not post at the exact same moment throughout the world. So you may have a change update in the US store now and it take longer to show up in the Canada, UK, or Japan app stores.