app store "in Review" time please share

JamesZeppelinJamesZeppelin Member Posts: 1,927
So have read a good amount of people posting how fast it was to get in the app store at the turn of the new year.

My app went in three days ago and almost immediately went to "in review"

however its been in that state for three days.
"
Just wondering what times have been like for other people "this week"

thanks!!

Comments

• EastboundEastbound Member, BASIC Posts: 1,074
    4 hours yesterday!
  • giacomopoppigiacomopoppi Member, PRO Posts: 914
    i would not worry until 10 days have past (although it should only take 2-4 days)
    before Christmas it took 8-14 days if lucky.
    now it has changed to : updates 1-2 days (if lucky), new apps 2-4 days. but it varies a lot on how many apps are submitted each day.
  • JamesZeppelinJamesZeppelin Member Posts: 1,927
    Thanks.

Cool yeah i was afraid that there was something wrong since it was "in review" and not waiting for review

That makes sense then.
    Guess that makes sense that it can take longer for a new app.
    I suppose there are probably some review "groups" that are slower than others as well.

Any suggestions on what to do with release date. I had read some things on here saying to change it once the game came out or something. I wasn't really sure what that meant.
    I guess maybe im asking if once its approved its up to us to then "release" it. Or does it just post on auto?

Again sorry if i'm asking something that was covered... i just didn't quite understand what was being said.
  • gregr209gregr209 Member Posts: 441
    I just now uploaded an update to my 'Sounds That Drive You Crazy' app. I will let you know how long the update takes. It will be interesting to see if they do anything with it over the holiday weekend.

Greg
    I would think they would work over the weekend. Games are posting.
    I cant imagine its anything more than a sweatshop with 600 kids playing each game for about 20 seconds.

I mean shake the baby did make it into the app store.... ug
    and last week an emulator made it in for a about 6 hours before Big N had them pull it
    @tshirt.. still waiting? thats doesnt sound right
    Just wanted to share that 4 days ago I submitted a very small update to one of my apps and I am still in the 'waiting for review' mode. I thought these long wait times were behind us but I guess not. I will keep you posted on once it goes from 'waiting for review' to 'in review' on how long it takes to get it submitted to the iTunes store.
  • BeyondtheTechBeyondtheTech Member Posts: 809
    I think there's no rhythm or rhyme to the whole thing.

The last program I submitted was Archangel, and that was in July (or August), and as I stated in other threads, it took two months to get approved because it was "too close to Star Trek," but they ended up approving it anyway after they called me and ask me to change the app's description.

Since then, I took a break from developing, then bought GameSalad earlier this month and cranked out Sci-Fi Prop in just a few hours. I submitted it and it got released in two days.
    I'm 7 days into "in review"

Driving me crazy
  • firemaplegamesfiremaplegames Member Posts: 3,211
    Your game only takes one or two people at Apple 2-6 minutes to test.
    They don't turn it around that quickly though, as people would be updating their apps all the time.

It used to be that each time you updated your app, it would appear at the top of the list again. Some devs were using "updates" to keep their apps at the top of the new releases. They changed this system, which is good. It forces devs to make more meaningful updates.

Danger Cats! took 12 days from submission to acceptance. I agree that it is tortuous to wait that long! Especially because you are not sure you did everything correctly. If your game has a problem, you have to resubmit it, and wait all over again.

I made an update to Danger Cats two weeks ago and it went through in less than 24 hours.

Maybe they're getting bogged down again?
  • ZillaZilla Member Posts: 157
    `Danger Cats went through in less than 24 hours.`

I had the same experience same with Walk The Line
    http://gamesalad.com/forums/topic.php?id=2627

My two other apps Strummer and StrummerLite needed about 3 weeks...
    http://itunes.com/apps/strummer
    http://itunes.com/apps/strummerlite
    I'm hearing consistantly that updates on the average are quicker. hopefully that's true. I would think thee some initial issues that can take longer at first. Legal etc. Just guessing.
    Moments ago I just went from 'Waiting for Review' to 'In Review'. Should be interesting to see how long the update will take. I will keep this post posted :-)
  • maniraptormaniraptor Member Posts: 81
    I submitted a new game late Sunday night and received the "In Review" email Monday afternoon, which was quicker than I had expected. Of course, that makes me all the impatient for it to be approved! (It helps to keep perspective; wasn't the wait 4 months ago closer to 7-8 days on average?)
    Well after going 'into review' yesterday just moments ago my 'Sounds That Drive You Crazy' update just got the okay. So the turn around time from 'In Review' to out the door wasn't to bad. Sent another update to my other game yesterday will be interesting to see how long that one takes.
    Ok just went live about 10min ago.

Officially it was waiting for review for less than 15min
    Next it took 7 days "in review"

Just thought i'd share the final results since i guess i started this thread :P

http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/tiny-monster/id350741585?mt=8
  • TobyToby Member Posts: 478
    Well my App has been waiting for approval in queue since 26th of February after an initial rejection error by Apple 5 days before that. (The second rejection which was overturned was due to Apple testing on the wrong hardware basically!) It's built for 3GS only.

They apologized, then changed the rejected status back to 'In Review'

The time is now Tuesday the 16th of March and I'm getting a little annoyed with the long delay, 17 days so far and counting!!!!!!

Should i wait longer or hassle Apple again?

Almost seems like I've been forgotten or my submission has fallen down the back of the filing cabinet and lost.

Arghhhhhh!
  • synthesissynthesis Member Posts: 1,693
    8 months ago it was 2-3 months for a review...I wouldn't sweat it.
    Maybe there can be a GS world record for longest time taken for review in the app store!

Can anyone beat the current 17 days...... and counting.

@tshirtbooth I've sent the carefully worded email to the Apple iPhone App Review team, maybe they will be motivated enough to actually approve the game if they can drag themselves away from playing games all day long.
    Still waiting!
    Managed to write an entire game and half way through another while waiting for this one to be approved. Someday soon I guess.... the Arm 7 (devicerequirementskey) sole compatibility could be an issue for Apple perhaps... hence the delay.
    I have actually submitted and got approved within 3 hours once while another app was still three days into WAITING for review... go figure.

If anything i've learned its completely random and there is no way to even get a feel for approval times at all
  • butterbeanbutterbean Member Posts: 4,315
    It is completely random, I've submitted games before others, and the ones that were submitted later on were approved first :) Go figure! Updates seem to be running fast too, like 2 days
  • design219design219 Member Posts: 2,273
    I suspect the impending iPad apps will be causing a bit of havoc at the iTunes store for the next couple of weeks.
  • adadoadado Member Posts: 219
    Last app submitted was "In Review" for less than a day (actually little over half a day). That was the week of 03/08/2010.