Tax??

beefy_clyrobeefy_clyro Member Posts: 5,390
Hi All. Does anyone know how the whole tax situation works? Im a one man band and am registered in the UK, i have had a look on the dev center and there is a button for tax and that has a green tick on it. What i dont know is whether we pay it? how much is taken and how etc? Thanks for the help.

Comments

• JamesZeppelinJamesZeppelin Member Posts: 1,927
    To be honest that is a whole diff issue outside of iphone dev.

I would just search your gov website. the info should pretty straight forward.

Here in the states if you make under a certain amount you can just report it as "additional income" on your regular taxes.

Or you can always join the whole taxes are not enforceable movement and do nothing.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tax_protester_(United_States)
  • TobyToby Member Posts: 478
    Same here in Australia, you can earn upto an specific amount and it's just considered a hobby income (no tax). However when you start earning in excess of the amount specified it must be declared to the tax office.

Good question though, because I have not submitted to the app store (Yet) what payment options can you select to be paid by - direct bank deposit, paypal?
  • beefy_clyrobeefy_clyro Member Posts: 5,390
    i swear i remember reading that if certain forms werent completed then apple could hold another 30% to cover tax, but if the forms were completed they give you your full 70%?
    @toby - payment options, not sure! I presume they just give you a direct bank deposit but they can take up to 90 days to pay you for that months earnings. You need to also make over $150 for that month or it rolls over.