Joshua's TOBT3 Thread...

JoshuaBenoitJoshuaBenoit Member Posts: 24
edited November -1 in Conferences and Events
Reserving me a spot of glory in halls of Gamesalad's forums....

Will update this soon with my thoughts and ideas as this contest unfolds.

Comments

• JoshuaBenoitJoshuaBenoit Member Posts: 24
    Okay the name of my game has been set. I will be announcing it along with some rough concepts after I enjoy my father's day festivities with my son and my own father. Good luck everyone. And LET THE GAMES BEGIN!!
  • old_kipperold_kipper Member Posts: 1,420
    Do not sleep with the fish!

cheers and good luck

kipper
  • Metronome49Metronome49 Member Posts: 297
    Psssh...

The fish are the best to sleep with. Wriggly....

Don't listen to him... He's trying to sabotage you.

Can't wait to see what comes!
  • kapserkapser Member Posts: 458
    Good luck to you too, can't wait for more info!

*Maliciously studying the competition* ...just kidding
    Woke up this morning feeling refreshed and ready to devote my time to this contest... oh thats right, im working tonight... I hope they can handle my lack of enthusiasm in that area. Been thinking of many possible ideas and realized that as fun and playable as they seem to me, they are not outside of the box so to speak. So reworking and reshaping my plans. Also popped in Finding Nemo. Not sure how it will help me, but I feel like it can do no harm.
  • old_kipperold_kipper Member Posts: 1,420
    JoshuaBenoit said:
    Also popped in Finding Nemo. Not sure how it will help me, but I feel like it can do no harm.

Add the Abyss, Jaws, Ponyo on the cliff, Das Boat, and The creature from the Black Lagoon to your list if you still need inspiration. And good luck!

KIpper
    Ah all good sources of inspiration. I have become one with the fish. I think I may work off the boat sometime this weekend. Plenty of sun and alcohol to induce a trance like state of epic proportions.
    Too excited to post my full plan right now. Will get to it after I get the words on the paper between now and sometime in the next the day or two. Looking forward to seeing what the others have in mind for this contest.
    My plan worked! After excessive red wine consumption I have come up with the idea. As I dim the screen of the macbook I look down at its glowing keys and realize that I love backlit keyboards. But thats not why I am fumbling around on the forums here. I have spent some time reading through the other contestants posts and must say that there are some awesome ideas coming with this contest.

My idea involves pirates, the high seas, and the legendary Cthulhu. That is all for now. I am going to sleep off this headache and continue prototyping tomm. The art will have to wait aside from a few sketches until I can return home to my beloved tablet.

Hopefully I can get a title screen and some previews up before too long. Dont want this thread getting stale like yesterdays bread.
    Ran into a snag while making my controls. I want to be able to drag a steering wheel in a direction to control left and right movement. Looks like Ill be scouring the forums and TSB's videos to figure things out. Still have yet to be reunited with my tablet so I have yet to do any art other than some very crude sketches that resemble cave paintings... working through the night should catch me up on the time Ill lose working my 8 hours tomm.