Metronome49... TOTB3

Metronome49Metronome49 Member Posts: 297
edited November -1 in Conferences and Events
Aaaargh..... I can not think of a worse theme for me personally. I'm already working on a game that fits the themE but it is out of the realm of the contest. I wanted to use this as a way of getting AWAY from this concept and quickly churning something out, but now, it's within what I was working with... So...

I will create a new idea. Also ocean based, but to an abstracted idea. Hmmm...

Comments

• Metronome49Metronome49 Member Posts: 297
    Oh, and it's almost 4 in the morning here.... And I'm drunk.... But the ideas.... The ideas are flowing... Thinking about plugging my scanner in... This one is going to be illustrative.

I love me some pixel art, but I can churn out scanned linear and coloring like nobodies biz...

A game idea might help...

Having a dev thread, is both great and scary, because I know any ideas will be viewed and considered... Just as I am viewing and considering all of yours...

Not considering stealing your ideas, but consideration in to trumping them.

I know, from my creative experience, that I will not take the obvious solution.
  • StormyStudioStormyStudio United KingdomMember Posts: 3,989
    look forward to seeing what you come up with.... hopefully the Theme 'The Ocean' is so broad there must be 1000's of game idea possible... (I'm considering doing a game myself...no a full competition as I want to remain unbiased, but purely to join in a bit...I fancy me some scuba pirate treasure hunting).
    Ah. Hey Mr. Stormy.

Great. Theme. Really.

Lots of possibilities for different gameplay... Couldn't have been worse for my psyche. BUT! I will prevail... Already starting to tie some of my passions in to an idea... Gameplay... Not sure yet... But, I think personality is half the battle... Kinda like knowing.
    One thing I can say now.

I will be making all original music and sound effects, 1000% on my iPad... Which will be a blast.

My favorite part of the ocean?... The deep.
    Oh...

I. Am. Bubbling.

This is just what I needed.

Game dev as a game.

The video game I'm playing right now, is making a game.... And I'm good at video games.

The light exists in the deep, and I got some revelations to find.
    Okay.

Drunk, I have figured out the game to be. I'll shall assess tomorrow whether the idea is still as good as I find it today.

Game mechanic... (redacted)

I cant think of a simple twitch game that plays with the mechanic I'm thinking of... And the personality and music I add... Could be a good game.
  • old_kipperold_kipper Member Posts: 1,420
    Jaccuzi on, oh bubbly one! It is going to interesting to see how this plays out and how wide a range of styles on both game and visuals are offered up. Shall be keeping an eye on you my friend...

cheers kipper
    Cheers!

One question...

How do you play... When you can't see?

Aaaaa. This is fun.

The journey is the achievement.
  • old_kipperold_kipper Member Posts: 1,420
    Beware of the eye of Henry. It will see all and confound most!
    Pa shaw!

I already had Henry's eye... Gave it to that old lady who had that jar for trade... She died soon afte.... Oh....

Yeah... Good thing I got rid of that! Jar FTW!
    6:30a, here. I got the juices. To drunk for logic ideation, but the midwestern storm whirling outside is parallel to my internal churning brainstorm.

Tonight, I sketch... And think of what must be done... Tomorrow, I figure out how to do it...

Can we still ask for help?
  • giacomopoppigiacomopoppi Member, PRO Posts: 914
    ahaha, post your sketches later on!
    Can't wait to see what you are preparing!
  • kapserkapser Member Posts: 458
    Haha I know how you feel, just after releasing one of my best games, which was a one button game, a major 1 button contest appeared.

I'm sure you'll come up with some new oceanish stuff :)
    Merp... starting from scratch after running in to walls trying to get the main game mechanic working well.

The idea was:

You're a deep sea angler fish with big scary teeth and a glowing ball coming from your head, and you have to eat glowing things to keep your light on, and avoid bad things, which decrease your light. You die when your light goes off.

I was trying to make a full black screen in front of everything that slowly gained alpha as time went on and changed alpha based on eating glowing things. It just didn't look right though.

I might find something else to do with my concept art assets.
  • outasiteoutasite Member Posts: 417
    Its a bit late to restart? At least it definitely would be for me. Good Luck.