Jamwithno TOTB3

JamwithnoJamwithno Member Posts: 312
edited November -1 in Conferences and Events
This is where I will be posting all my stuff and I just wanted say YEAH! Because of the theme. I will be back to you all with some of my ideas and drawings.

Comments

• old_kipperold_kipper Member Posts: 1,420
    Looking forward to see your stuff. Avoid Fugu in the wrong season.

Good luck!

Kipper
  • JamwithnoJamwithno Member Posts: 312
    I don't know if stormy is still on but I was wondering if we could have two entires.
  • old_kipperold_kipper Member Posts: 1,420
    I am not sure but you could always have a toy box app or different levels with different games. For my self I would rather make one fab thing than a couple of less so, but if you have great ideas than go for whatever you think.
    I've been think and I think that I have a pretty basic idea of what I want to do unless I can do two games.
    I don't know what it is going to be called yet but please no one steal my idea. I was thinking that there is a sea monster that is rumored to the people to be in the beach of California. Lots and lot of people come to see the monster but no one has ever seen it before but the monster can always see them. He does not like it that there is so much sound so he goes up there and eats all the evidence that he is real. You play as the big monster that wants to eat the evidence but the only time that you can eat the evidence is when the people aren't looking. A little map will show you which way the people are looking. You have to eat things like cameras and pictures even phones to keep your identity safe. If you are seen the news spreads that your real and you have to move to another place. And fend for yourself in that other place.

Maybe later I will be able to up load some pics if I ever make some. I was wondering to all the people out there if it is possible to act like you have joints by connecting different parts together?
  • giacomopoppigiacomopoppi Member, PRO Posts: 914
    The idea is good but I am really wondering how on earth you are going to be able to interpret that through a game...

No, joints ren't yet possible... you would need soooo many constrains to get a joint to work in GS right now. It's planned to be released in one of the next releases I think.

Good luck with the contest! ;)

Giacomo
    I was just thinking of another idea that I might be able to do I dont know it only started today.
    I will out for the rest of the day being in a movie. Yeah yeah! I hope that you all do good and let the best man win.
    Log 1:
    I have made the sea monster move to the mouse after five seconds. it shows the time and how long you have. I starting the real thing and i am so happy i hope that i win at least one price.
    @giacomopoppi
    My brother told me that i should make a partical effect and see if that helps. It might work i dont know hope so!
    You know that idea that I had is to much like super mega worm were you do that same exact thing. I want to ask a question. Do you think if valcanos explode on an island is that oceany?
    My game is called CRACK-A-TOU-AAAAAHHHHHHHH!!!!
    My idea is that you go to the island crack-a-tou-aaaaaahhhhhhhhh and try to find your cousin that was lost a long time ago. When you go there your ship breaks and spreads around the whole island. You try to find all the pieces and not get killed by volcano.
    Bumb
    I just got back from my grandparents so back to work. I feel pretty dumb because I am still on the planning stage because I have not been able to sketch anything.
    Goal for today:
    Finish sketches
    Make a good drawing of the sketch
    Finilize it in illustrator.
  • JamieOneilJamieOneil Member Posts: 877
    Could a moderator please move this to the TOTB section ?

And things look goo on this so far, can't wait to see the end result!
  • kapserkapser Member Posts: 458
    I love island survival games, looking foward to it :)
    Thanks you guys I don't think that I will be able to finish all the drawings today just the sketches.
    I was wondering should you be looking for your cousin or your boat peices?
    Todays goal is to:
    Start coding
    Figure out if I am going to use top down or side view
    Sketch out the main character and figur out his name
    Make a final decision on the title

But I have been thinking and a lot and I think that I will only have a valcano on one of the islands instead of all the islands having there own volcanos. And I have decided that the main character is going have to look for his long lost cousin. As you go on each island you find different people that have been living there for a long time and they help you find your cousin. As you go through the game you have to solve puzzels and dogge obsticals.
    Bumb
    Today's goal is to get something done because I have not got anything done. Blah
  • jobonoobdudejobonoobdude Member Posts: 152
    cool.
    I dont think that this is going to work as a ocean game I'll have to think of one. Bummer.
    I have though of another idea that I am sticking with. There is four little monsters that saw some one swimming but when they did it they bang there head against the wall of the other side of the pool. So they want to swim in a race around the world. They are monsters so they can hold there breath longer than a human can but they can not breath under water so you have to go up for breaths. As you swim you have to either dogg or attack other fish. I am starting today so thar only gives me 17 days. Let's do this!
    I've drawn some concept art and I think it looks really cool. I need to put it in illustrator and make it look really cartoony. I can't wait it will look really cool and play out really cool!
    Im starting my game now and was wondering if some one knows how to make buttons move the character? it is a dumb question but how?
  • jobonoobdudejobonoobdude Member Posts: 152
    look at the "official cross platform controller template"
    the newest one
    it'll show you how
    -Jobo ;)
    i got the button to go up and down but once you have gone up you cant go down how do i fix that?
    how do you get photos on here?