Oaklandasfan - TOTB3

OaklandasfanOaklandasfan Member Posts: 213
edited November -1 in Conferences and Events
I just had the greatest idea for the "Underwater" theme and I think I have a winner, if I can execute it right. I will not release it until my first video comes out. I will post the first video when I finish my menu and the first level.

Comments

• OaklandasfanOaklandasfan Member Posts: 213
    Wow... I just read almost all of the posts and they all said that they either weren't sure or going to use a submarine... also in one of the posts, I saw that if your idea is posted 1st, then you can't have it stolen. I hope this is right!
    You are in a submarine, and you need to find things. These things can be from new fish to pieces of the Titanic, and at the end of the "day" (5 min) If you have found all of the treasures, you get 5 stars. The challenge? It's like real life. The sub can't see except a foot in front of him. There are hazards, sharks, rocks that will damage your ship. To navigate, you use SONAR. The SONAR (if you're not too close to the ocean floor) can also attract dolphins that will help you kill sharks and rocks that were in the way. I will probably be adding more modes, too.
    I decided to change the idea of the project because of the fact that we have 3 weeks to make the game and 3 weeks isn't enough for this project if I sleep.
    For anyone that reads this, does anyone know how to change the name of the post? Thanks.
  • DreamLabDreamLab Member Posts: 2,127
    don't think you can after so long. Only a sous chef or head chef can now.
    Oh. Ok.
    Hey, if a sous sees this can he/she remove the "Sub Run" from this thread? my new idea has nothing to do with submarines.
    I'm planning on releasing the 1st gameplay video tomorrow, just finishing the moves. (Hint on what it is)
  • WeswogWeswog Member Posts: 1,171
    Today is your lucky day I will change the name

Cheers, Weswog
    Thanks.

Sorry if you can't see some of the words, but they say
    (Part 1): Spare change? Spare change? *Looks at sign*
    (Part 2): ULTIMATE FISH TOURNAMENT!!! ONE MILLION MONEYS FOR WINNING!!! ENTER AT THE ARENA DOWNTOWN!!!
    The graphics aren't permanent, and I'll try to finish making the gameplay.
    STORY:
    A clownfish has lost his home, an anemone, and he tries to get money to buy one. Risking his life, he enters the tournament and hopes to win lot of money. I know it's VERY hard to program enemies in GS, and that's the challenge. But I'll focus the final two weeks on that and art. I noticed that everyone else started with art, and then started programming. I'm almost done with the controls.
    Ok, I won't be able to program or upload videos for the rest of the week. (summer camp!)
    My idea changed. I'm going to put up a video today with the basic gameplay.
    wow. been a long time since I've posted. just adding the last tweaks then I'll have the link here