Future Newb Apps - TOTB3

8BitAvrin8BitAvrin Member, PRO Posts: 368
edited November -1 in Conferences and Events
Well I've decided to put my current game on hold and join the fun. This theme is totally different than the one in my current app so that's cool. I've decided to make a unique underwater platformer with fish, "obtacles" and etc.

The first thing that popped in my head when I saw the theme was something like Pixel Junk Shooter, but that was whole team with more than three weeks.

Just finished my Starbucks and Snickers ice cream bar, time to make some pixel art!

WebsiteTwitter ∞ My apps are available on: Apple iOS App StoreGoogle Play App StoreAmazon App Store

Comments

• 8BitAvrin8BitAvrin Member, PRO Posts: 368
    Well I was able to work on my app for about an hour. Name, main character art, one of the main backgrounds, and overall concept done. Later today I plan on working on more environmental objects, and implementing some behaviors.

My game is turning out to be more about gameplay, fun graphics & audio, and less about a story...might stay that way, we'll see. My vision for this game is complete, hopefully it will turn out the way I see it. Only 3 weeks! Can't wait to see what everyone else does too.

WebsiteTwitter ∞ My apps are available on: Apple iOS App StoreGoogle Play App StoreAmazon App Store

Well a couple days ago I started getting frustrated with my game. It started to become a bit too odd in my opinion which made it kind of sloppy. It became less fun and more tedious. So I pondered and pondered for a while on what to do. I even went back and started working on the app I put on hold because its so fun and way more exciting to work on, but then bam! last night a couple great ideas sparked and now I'm in it with a totally different game.

Luckily I'm still going with the pixel art style so I can still use some of the graphics I already made. Well enough yapping, back to work! I'll try to post some pics later of my new stuff and maybe my older stuff I was working on but no guarantees, I have some catching up to do. Only like 2 weeks left!!!

• ccpccp Member Posts: 139
    Sounds cool! you should put in a few screen shots!
    Sorry for the lack of updates and postings everybody. I've been super busy. I have a normal full time desk job, an infant baby, and I do the majority of the house cleaning because I'm a clean freak and etc so when I have free time I try to use it working on this app.

Anyways here's a video of the main menu with the theme music. The audio came out a bit chip tuned. It doesn't normally sound like that but Screenr lowered the audio quality. I'll try to post some gameplay screenshots or video later, but the competition is almost over so the next video I post may just be my submission video. Cheers.