TOTB3 AppChogie

AppChogieAppChogie Member Posts: 503
edited November -1 in Conferences and Events
This is the official start of my application. More information to follow.

Comments

• AppChogieAppChogie Member Posts: 503
    Hi guys, this is the first look at my application and at the moment it is a concept demo. It is hard to see the level of detail, there is moving water etc.

**Back Story**
    In our day we have seen a revival of another ancient symbol of the Church, the fish. I remember first reading about it years ago and was quite impressed. Some early Gentile Christians who were persecuted had a secret sign among them. They would make a semi arc with their foot in the dirt, and if the other person opposite them did the same thing, they would know that they were Christians. The two arcs, intersecting at the front and the back, would form a sort of simple fish design.

The Greek word for fish is ichthys. Each letter would be taken and used as an acronym to stand for; Jesus Christ Son of God Savior.1 I thought that was pretty neat. Unger's Bible Dictionary states that,
    'in Christian symbolism, the fish is of great significance. It is among the earliest art forms'; 'generally thought to be the symbol for Christ.'2
    Unger comments that water baptism was in the mind of those who made the fish to be a symbol for Christ.

It is said that the fish lives in all, and Poseidon the God of the Sea entrusted the Mermaids to carry the tale of the gods in tattoos upon their person.
  • old_kipperold_kipper Member Posts: 1,420
    Seriously cool start for the story and style. Can't wait to see where this goes as I have no idea what you are going to do with it... Keep us updated and good luck!

kipper
    keep this in mind:

people have streamlined bodys, our hair flows in water. we have subcutanious fat, unlike apes, and more like whales and dolphins, other aquatic mammels. babys instinctivly swim, apes dont. we can regulate our breath and pulse under water. the only animal with a brain close to ours is a dolphin. our vocal cords are in a detached larnyx, like a whale, dolphin, walrus, and sealion.

Hi guys here a sneak trailer for my entry called Yakuza Ocean - The swimming mark that previews the theme of the game for the iPad.

Gameplay is like nothing you have seen before. I will post footage as soon as it is good enough.

• scitunesscitunes Member, Sous Chef Posts: 4,047
    looks very intriguing!
  • Metronome49Metronome49 Member Posts: 297
    I don't think you are allowed to use Hokusai's "Great Wave", are you... is that public domain?

Edit: Yes, it is public domain... That's fascinating.
  • RattleheadRattlehead Member Posts: 485
    Wow! This sounds like such a great concept and it really shows that people are thinking outside the box for the contest! Can't wait to see where this goes.
  • JeffreyShimaneJeffreyShimane Member Posts: 372
    Awesome video! Love the use of taiko music! I'm not sure what the Yakuza connection is yet but I'm really interested in where you're going.

- Jeff
This discussion has been closed.