Gamers Rejoice TOTB 3

2»

Comments

• RedlerTechRedlerTech Member Posts: 1,583
    WOW this is amazing!

Matt
  • JamieOneilJamieOneil Member Posts: 877
    Wow, that looks like my old idea.
    At first i posted that i was going to do a cardboard type effect.
    And one of my ideas that was posted was you are trying to swim away from something while avoiding other things....
    Looks familiar.
  • GamersRejoiceGamersRejoice Member Posts: 817
    JamieOneil said:
    Wow, that looks like my old idea.
    At first i posted that i was going to do a cardboard type effect.
    And one of my ideas that was posted was you are trying to swim away from something while avoiding other things....
    Looks familiar.

I really hope you aren't accusing me of copying your idea or something stupid. To think that my game looks familiar next to what you were working on is just plain silly.
    ORBZ said:
    you have inspired me to see photoshop differently :)

Well my job is done then! :)
    NextGen said:
    WOW this is amazing!

Matt

Thanks Matt!
  • JamieOneilJamieOneil Member Posts: 877
    GamersRejoice said:
    I really hope you aren't accusing me of copying your idea or something stupid. To think that my game looks familiar next to what you were working on is just plain silly.

No im not. I changed my idea anyway, and it looked a lot differant. Im not accusing you.
    This looks 10x better than what i had.
    Good luck with it, looks amazing!
    J.O
  • icanmakeicanmake Member Posts: 466
    gamers rejoice you should definitely make some graphics tutorials or sell them. you are very talented.
  • butterbeanbutterbean Member Posts: 4,315
    WOW this looks amazing, I love the art style, very LBP! :)
    icanmake said:
    gamers rejoice you should definitely make some graphics tutorials or sell them. you are very talented.

Thank you sir! I've definitely considered making art packs before. Maybe after the contest I'll make a diorama art pack. :)
    butterbean said:
    WOW this looks amazing, I love the art style, very LBP! :)

Thanks a lot! Little Big Planet is amazing, so I'm definitely ok with that association. :)

I've started working on sound effects and music, the game is shaping up better than I had hoped every time I work on it, it gets better. Time is short, and there is a lot to do. It's going to be a long few days. I'm finding that I'm a lot more productive when I don't leave the forums open to tempt me. :)
  • old_kipperold_kipper Member Posts: 1,420
    Good luck. Your work is fab. Not sure if I should congratulate you, or send round the boys to take you out.

your's with much nashing of teeth. Kipper
    GamersRejoice said:
    Thank you sir! I've definitely considered making art packs before. Maybe after the contest I'll make a diorama art pack. :)

Thanks a lot! Little Big Planet is amazing, so I'm definitely ok with that association. :)

I've started working on sound effects and music, the game is shaping up better than I had hoped every time I work on it, it gets better. Time is short, and there is a lot to do. It's going to be a long few days. I'm finding that I'm a lot more productive when I don't leave the forums open to tempt me. :)

if you do make some art packs i will definitely look into them
    old_kipper said:
    Good luck. Your work is fab. Not sure if I should congratulate you, or send round the boys to take you out.

your's with much nashing of teeth. Kipper

haha, thank you, good luck to you too.
  • gsfanaticgsfanatic Member Posts: 9
    im crossing my fingers for you to win gamers rejoice. ur game is epic.

--icanmake
    gsfanatic said:
    im crossing my fingers for you to win gamers rejoice. ur game is epic.

--icanmake

Thanks! What's with the name change?

So I've just added the swooping bird. I'm really happy with how it turned out. It adds more difficulty and dimension to the game. I also added some sound effects which really bring the game to life, and the story scene at the beginning of the game. It's now time to make some more artwork and begin coding the ocean aspect of the game. (Very intimidated by this)

As long as I don't run into too many hiccups I should be right on track! (Mostly) My list of to do items is shrinking! Woo Hoo!
  • DreamLabDreamLab Member Posts: 2,127
    GamersRejoice said:

well he joined today. So it could be icanmake's new account.

Pretty cool stuff gamersrejoice! Looking forward to seeing the finish of this!
    GamersRejoice said:

no idea i just pressed login and i was gsfanatic =)
    Added the artwork for the bird and it turned out perfectly. It's amazing what a little planning can do to knock things out. I just finished the art for the shark and he is terrifying in a cute kind of way. In fact I'm almost done with all of the ocean artwork. Now I just need to add the art and implement behaviors to make the transition from land to water.

I think I'm going to make it so you never quite know when you are going to get to the ocean. So rather than a specific distance to the ocean it will be random within a range. After all, the fight for survival is full of twists and turns.
    Sounds awesome. Are you going to publish it to the app store?
    The finish line is in sight! Exporting my game play video now! :) I'm so thrilled. The last few days have been rough to say the least. My brain is fried. Watch for it soon.
    In case you haven't seen already, here is my final entry

Guess what I get to do today? All of the chores that I've been neglecting during this competition!. Hip Hip Hurray!
    looks awesome. i really want to play it!
  • DreamLabDreamLab Member Posts: 2,127
    Wow I gotta say that does look awesome. I just love how you fit the box theme in with the game. The underwater effect, the sand effect, pretty cool! never seen anything like it!
    wish i could do artwork like that. you have got to sell this stuff in packs or something!
  • kapserkapser Member Posts: 458
    This game reminds me of one of my latest games, because it's a run and jump game with dash feature using the same music XD

However, I have to admit yours is more polished, and that cardboard box style make it extremely charming. Very, very good job, especially for a 3 week game.
  • ScreenTearScreenTear Member Posts: 1
    That look really nice. Well done
  • StormyStudioStormyStudio United KingdomMember Posts: 3,989
    Yeah! It was a very very cool game.
    I've been very busy with trying to get a new job and now with a baby boy, it's been difficult to put time into my games. But I will finish this! :)
  • JadarStudiosJadarStudios Member Posts: 264
    How did you do the bouncing tree animations?
  • svnsvn Member Posts: 445
    Woah woah woah woah woah. You mean you HAVEN'T finished? Great googly moogly! It looks finished to me!