Making a true Ad Hoc build

BurzmaliBurzmali Member Posts: 9
I'm having an issue making an Ad Hoc build, and that section of the Wiki appears to be blank: http://gamesalad.com/wiki/developing_for_iphone:preparing_for_build:adhoc

Here's what I've done:
1. Create Distribution Certificate
2. Create App ID
3. Create Distribution Provisioning Profile
4. Install Certificate and Profile
5. Upload App

After step 5, instead of downloading the App file, I get a code signing error that states "Code signing failed. Make sure your provisioning profile, developer certificate, and WWDR certificate are installed."

The WWDR is installed, and I've made Developer builds before. However, I want to distribute the app to some friends and I can't make an Ad Hoc app for them. I know I could create a regular Development app and send the provisioning profile to them with it, but I don't want to do that. I want to make a true Ad Hoc build for them.

Has anyone actually made a true Ad Hoc build? What am I missing here?

Comments

• GamexcbGamexcb Member Posts: 179
    You need to register their devices into your account like you did yours.
    The make an ad hoc distribution certificate and select their devices.
    Then just e-mail them the build with the certificate.
    That should work.
    -Gamexcb
  • BurzmaliBurzmali Member Posts: 9
    Thanks Gamexcb. The issue I'm having is not being able to make the build in the first place. The project is uploaded, but the .app file doesn't get downloaded. I've tried this with three different projects now. If I use a development provisioning profile, everything is fine. If I use a distribution provisioning profile, I get the "code signing failed" error.

Does anyone know if GameSalad actually supports the use of distribution provisioning profiles?
  • scitunesscitunes Member, Sous Chef Posts: 4,047
    Did you register your device with apple? If so did you select it when you created the adhoc build at the apple dev site?
  • BurzmaliBurzmali Member Posts: 9
    Yep, the device is registered and selected. You actually can't make a provisioning profile without at least one device registered.