Working with icons in the app store

butterbeanbutterbean Member Posts: 4,315
I noticed that in Kill the King, his smaller icon was a smaller version of the really cool illustration

This has probably been mentioned before, but can you turn in a 57X57 icon that has one piece, or character from the larger 512X512 icon?

So you have 2 Icons, but the 57X57 one is one piece of the bigger illustration?

Comments

• iWiniWin Member Posts: 334
    Yeah..I'm pretty sure you can do whatever you like..correct me if I'm wrong anyone
  • BeyondtheTechBeyondtheTech Member Posts: 809
    Apple, in its infinite wisdom, rejected my app because the large icon was not a close representation of the app icon. I'd try sticking to as close as possible so as to not burden the gods with the stamp of denial.
  • butterbeanbutterbean Member Posts: 4,315
    Ugh, so it's pretty much a crap shoot, you could send an icon with a smaller version, say one character in the 57X57 icon, and the larger one be a medley of characters or illustration, and they still reject it?
  • EastboundEastbound Member, BASIC Posts: 1,074
    It is indeed, a crap shoot. For both Kill the King and iGentleman, my large and small icons are significantly different but I've never been rejected.

I've gone by the rule that as long as the smaller image is contained in the larger one and they are recognizable as the same app (which Kill the King is actually pushing a little bit) it will be fine.