Blighted Lands TD

JGary321JGary321 Member Posts: 1,246
edited November -1 in Announce Your Game!
Not quite ready for release... But as excitement builds up, I wanted to debut the project I have been working on.

Blighted Lands TD is going to be ONE of the most complex games created with GameSalad. It is a TD/RPG hybrid. You will have 1 Hero & 4 different minions, each of whom level & grow in power separately.

There is a power-up system in place as well. During battle power-ups will randomly spawn & fall to the ground (ala plants vs zombies) Touch the power-up & enjoy a welcome boost in power. These powerups are important b/c not only do they give a great temporary boost, but they also give small PERMANENT boosts.

As you conquer missions the map begins to change to reflect this.

Check out my blog on the game for a couple of screenies. Also if you want you can check out my twitter. (though I forget to update it)

This is just the tip of the iceberg so to speak. I know it's not a lot of info, but I'll pull a Blizzard/Apple & keep most of the details secret til the last minute. Anyways just wanted to make a little noise about my game. It should be done in the next 2 weeks (hopefully). Then again "It's done when it's done". I'll be using this thread to release more info as I see fit.

Blog:
http://blightedlandsgames.com/

Twitter:
@BlightedLands

Comments

• gameadgamead Member Posts: 8
    Wow, that looks so cool! Hope two weeks is all I have left to wait to see that in the app store. Congrats and keep up the hard work! :)
  • ktfrightktfright Member Posts: 964
    I'm gonna love this!
  • butterbeanbutterbean Member Posts: 4,315
    Wow it's looking really awesome! This is probably one of the most complex games gamesalad has seen, it reminds me of the good ol' days of old school gaming, looking awesome!
  • butterbeanbutterbean Member Posts: 4,315
    I think to attract attention to your game, your icon should possibly be different than the sprite graphics you have in game, you could do an illustrated icon much like "kill the king", I personally love the retro graphics, but I think a gorgeous illustration on the premise of the game would be a great idea when you release it to the app store :)

Good luck and can't wait to see it!
  • BeyondtheTechBeyondtheTech Member Posts: 809
    Looks great. Is this gonna make it for the Macworld contest? I'm sure they can accept a "lite" version, you can always add more episodes, chapters, or extras to the game later.
  • JGary321JGary321 Member Posts: 1,246
    @butterbean - sounds good to me too. That's one thing I pay attention to when searhin new games to download. Icons and Game names are SO important.

@beyondthetech - no MacWorld for me. I'm pushing to have it out by then end of the month, bur we all know how deadlines can be. It's done when it's done.

That's for all the comments. I'll keep this thread up to date with info as it becomes available.

-JGary
  • quantumsheepquantumsheep Member Posts: 8,188
    I am eagerly awaiting the arrival of the greatest game on Earth!

And while I finish writing that game, I hope to be playing yours ;)

QS :)

Dr. Sam Beckett never returned home...
    Twitter: https://twitter.com/Quantum_Sheep
    Web: https://quantumsheep.itch.io