Weird problem.. collide behavior but non in code ?

beaudoin_nbeaudoin_n Member Posts: 184
edited November -1 in Tech Support
Hi,

I had tried to insert a collide behavior in my project, but it really didn't do as i would want. I removed it, but somehow it seems to still do it ... weird.

Lots of people talk about editing xml files, where would those be ? And is this the solution ?

Comments

• rebumprebump Member Posts: 1,058
    Before you edit files, have you:

1) restarted GameSalad and previewed again?
    2) after restart, ensure the "collide" behaviors were truly removed
    3) ensured you were looking at the correct actor(s) to remove "collide" behaviors (i.e. did you place it in all actors who you wanted to collide or just one 'side' of the collision)
    4) did you remove the "collide" behavior from just an actor instance or the underlying actor prototype (i.e. sort of instance vs. class)
    5) are you in the correct scene (especially pertinent if you maybe were editing instances)
    6) are you confusing "collision" rules with "collide" behaviors (or vice-versa)

If you want to edit the XML files, exit out of GameSalad, rename the "<game_name>.codeproj" file to "<game_name>.zip". Wait a sec (or click off the filename and then back on) and then you will be able to navigate down into the .zip file directory/file sub-structures. There may be an easier way of doing this but I'm not a big Mac guy (but am becoming one...love them so far). After you save your settings, rename the .zip file back to a .codeproj file. Then open up in GameSalad. This technique works great if you know what you are doing and want to re-arrange items and/or make mass updates a bit easier with search-n-replace. JUST BE CAREFUL!
  • ForteForte Member, PRO Posts: 297
    or you could just, right click, show package contents
  • rebumprebump Member Posts: 1,058
    @dragokillz - thanks for mentioning "show package contents". I have "right clicked" many times on files on my new Mac and never noticed that was there for zip/archive. I knew there had to be an easier way!