GS seems to be lagy

eboyeboy Member Posts: 239
edited November -1 in Tech Support
I have about 14 actors and 2 scenes, GS seems to take more time to jump to different windows in the editor (game,scene, back, home).. I have a very long game window 320x5000, could that be slowing it down?

Comments

• rebumprebump Member Posts: 1,058
    I would think so since it is over twelve times the normal scene width. Is there a huge background image in it? Or a bunch? Are those images optimized?

Also, are you saving scene state as you "jump" around from scene to scene?
  • firemaplegamesfiremaplegames Member Posts: 3,211
    GS gets a memory leak or something that slows it down. I find the Back button to be particularly guilty.

You just have to quit and relaunch GS every so often when you notice it getting slow.

I quit and restart it literally every five minutes.

Save often! And keep several versions of your game. I would create a new version every time you hit a milestone.

GS is still in beta, so there will be issues here and there.
  • ktfrightktfright Member Posts: 964
    No truer words spoken! ;)
  • rebumprebump Member Posts: 1,058
    Sorry. I thought you were having the player move from scene-to-scene during game play and thus my statement(s) above.

Didn't notice you said "in the editor". Yeah, like FMG said, GS has a memory leak that forces you to save frequently (or you should!) and then restart the app to make things better for a while. The more you go in to edit an actor's rules/behaviors and the more actors/rules/behaviors you have, the more often you seem to have to do this.
  • eboyeboy Member Posts: 239
    Yes, its true, I closed and reopened and all was kosher...thanks.