Looking for an experienced Sprite sheet animator (payed)

error123error123 Member Posts: 112
Hello to those in interest. I am looking for someone to create a series of images for a main character sprite sheet. If you cannot create the sprite sheet that is fine a folder of the separate images on there own in sequence will do just great and i can turn it into a sprite sheet.

the follow character animation images i need are

1. walk cycle - left and right
2. standing - left and right
3. jump - left and right
4. falling - left and right

This should not take long to do if you know what you are doing and have the proper software.
I also have some art work ready so that you know what type of character you are going to be designing.

if you are interested then you need to have it finished by Tuesday the 5th of july!. no later

the person will be paid via paypal and the ammount will be £30 or $30 . you wont get paid until the artwork is complete and i have seen it in watermark first. If im happy then i will pay you and you can send the un watermarked images.

if you work hard and i like your work then more jobs will come your way in this project that i am working on and some more money.

if you want to give it a go please email me at jellystudiosuk(at)gmail.com

decent animators only please i will review all work before i decide that you should do the job.

thanks . j

Comments

• DhondonDhondon Member Posts: 717
    error123 said:
    This should not take long to do if you know what you are doing and have the proper software.

Really? Can you tell me which software to use to speed up my work? I've been looking for some thing like this, so 1 days work can be done in 1 hour.

People who know what they are doing, usually know what to charge for their work;)
  • 3d103d10 Member Posts: 471
    So basically what you want to say is that you will accept the work from different people.Then you compare the work and the one you like you keep that and pay the amount you think is more than enough for the work.
    These days gs forums are filled with very clever people.I think i am the only one missing the clever mind.
  • error123error123 Member Posts: 112
    hmm i didnt think it was that hard to understand what i was saying but ill try again.

People show me there portfolio first if they are interested in doing this. if you are good enough and you can do the work i am suggesting above that i need done then i will ask that person if they fancy doing it.

you will get paid once ive seen the completed work. no payment upfront/.
  • tenrdrmertenrdrmer Member, Sous Chef, Senior Sous-Chef Posts: 9,934
    error123 said:
    no payment upfront/.

Hmm that right there would be a deal breaker for me. If I was an artist of course. I have been screwed over bad be do Project help with no Payment upfront before.
  • ChunkypixelsChunkypixels Member Posts: 1,114
    I really didnt want to comment... but I just had to :)

Depending on the style of sprites your wanting, how big they need to be, and how smooth you want the animations to be, its anything from a day upwards worth of work to get decent sprites.... and I do assume you want them to be decent.. otherwise you wouldnt have asked for an experienced animator.

Now unless youve found a kid whose doing it after school, or you find an artist from India/China, $30 probably isnt going to get you what you want. No experienced animators i know are going to touch it for that.

Again... Im not saying its impossible to find someone willing to do it, but I think your going to struggle getting the work done on a tight deadline for the pay your offering...especially when you have the cheek to expect someone to do the work with no upfront payment.

... also... "£30 or $30"... whats the deal with that? Surely it should be £30 regardless, as its the higher value currency... so converted works out at around $48.

At pretty much every step, you seem to be weighting it very much in your favor... and I'd suggest anyone thinking about the job should really thrash out more favorable terms before commiting to any work or steer clear.

I really didnt want to say anything... as each situation is different, and everyone should be able to negotiate whatever deals they like... but like Dhondon pointed out, the line about it being a quick/easy job, is like showing a red rag to a bull... and is somewhat insulting to experienced artists :)