XMB - Xtreme Mountain Busing LITE in appstore - please review!

scitunesscitunes Member, Sous Chef Posts: 4,047
edited November -1 in Announce Your Game!
http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/xmb-xtreme-mountain-busing-lite/id351074002?mt=8

If anybody has time out of their busy game developing lives I would I appreciate any reviews. This is a free lite version so no need for a promo code.

Thanks!

Comments

• scitunesscitunes Member, Sous Chef Posts: 4,047
    Has anyone else tried releasing a lite version Before releasing the full version? Kind of like a teaser? I was hoping that releasing a version with one level for each world will get people wanting to play more. then when I release the full version I will add one more level to the lite version along with new splash screens that say the full version is now available. After a day or two I will then pull the lite version. Does this sound like it will work?

Suggestions?
  • CannonFodderCannonFodder Member Posts: 230
    Hi Scitunes, just played xmb and it looks great, I really like the graphical style. My only problem with the game is the bus is far too bouncy. I had problems with the bus flipping over before I even had a chance to toutch anything. Also I had problems with the bus bursting into flames for no reason. Once these issues are addressed you will have a really great game which I can see selling really well!
    Thanks for the feedback. The bounciness is what really determines the difficulty level. If it is less bouncy it is quite a bit easier. So maybe I made it too difficult - I'll have to take a look at it. As far as the bursting into flames thing goes I was trying to make it so that if you flip over (go past a certain rotation) you crash and burn. What I think I am going to try is to set the rules so that if you are beyond a certain rotation AND you collide with something it crashes on impact. I had trouble getting this to work right - could be GS collision detection issue (not sure though).

Good suggestions - thanks!
  • CannonFodderCannonFodder Member Posts: 230
    No worrys, it's a shame gamesalad is still so glitchy, as there are a lot of really nice projects that have a lot of potential but are let down by gamesald being so tempermental. But saying that gamesalad is still in beta so it's understandable, I quess. Anyways good luck with the tweaking can't wait to see the results :-)
  • JamesZeppelinJamesZeppelin Member Posts: 1,927
    reviewed
  • iWiniWin Member Posts: 334
    5 stars..My gift to you for your 5 star review on mighty Miyo..THANks
    thanks, iWin!

Any suggestions for improvement?
  • iWiniWin Member Posts: 334
    Game is made very good...GS just has to make there servers stronger..it causes problems in good games such as this one
    I had nearly 2000 downloads yesterday. I have 4 5star written reviews on the US store and a 2 star rating overall. Is this going to hurt or help sales when I release the full version? What do you guys think? My game has splash screens before each level announcing the soon to come full version - I was hoping this would serve as a teaser - not sure it is working if it is getting 2 stars.