Creating Vector Sprites for iPhone Games

javinjavin Member Posts: 1
Hello,

I am an iPhone game artist about to start on my second game. The first game I worked on, I wasn't in charge of creating animations at all. All the art we made started out in vector and was exported as .pngs to be used on the iPhone.

In this new game, we want to utilize much more animation, using sprite-sheets for the characters.

Does anyone have any tips in making sprites and sprite sheets in vector format? (Adobe Illustrator to be exact)

I know typically sprites and sprite sheets were created in raster pixel format, but we are going to stick to vectors because of the easy between the different platforms (standard, retina, iPad, etc.)

Anyone care to share a little light on the subject?

Thanks for any who reply. :)

Comments

• 3d103d10 Member Posts: 471
    Just make different frames for the vector image like for a running animation you make one image for standing second image for right leg forward and left leg backward and then repeat that for the other leg.And just export them as png sequence.

Or if you know you can use after effects for animating a vector image its more realistic.
  • ARandomDayARandomDay Member, PRO Posts: 124
    Just as 3d10 said, but I use Flash, it is after all unlike most vector based programmes designed to be for animation.