Looking for Graphics Designer!

ccpccp Member Posts: 139
Hey all,
I am looking for a Graphics Designer that can take images, and make them look "cartoon"
For example, I have a bunch of apps, with graphics that look "home made". I would like to know if anyone would be willing to take these graphics and make them look "pro". I would send you the images I want changed, and your job would be to make them look like "Todays Game Graphics". Is anyone interested in this offer? I would pay %50 of app Profit to who ever helps me with this.

Thanks!
CCP

Comments

• 3d103d10 Member Posts: 471
    Really profit sharing deal is very difficult for motivating a graphic designer to work for.
    Its only when the project is that big and really he sees any opportunity of making some income.

Majority of good designers just turn down when they see the profit sharing basis.
    Otherwise they are only interested in getting paid.

I do understand not everyone can afford to hire a designer.So its the only option.

Good luck to you in getting it done.I hope you get someone good to do that.

Cheers:-)
  • ccpccp Member Posts: 139
    Yeah...I'm not sure I want to put money into an app that might not sell...not yet any ways.
    By the way, how much do Graphic designers charge?
  • icanmakeicanmake Member Posts: 466
    my illustrator trial ended and im in the process of buying it otherwise i would give it a go
  • icanmakeicanmake Member Posts: 466
    my illustrator trial ended and im in the process of buying it otherwise i would give it a go

edit: sorry for the double post
  • RodrigoPerezRodrigoPerez Member Posts: 212
    So if I'm getting this right you want vector type graphics? Like Angry Birds or PvZ? I'm a professional graphic designer so digital inking your images into polished cartoons would be no problem. I do understand though that budget can be an issue. Profit sharing is unfortunately to big of a risk. But I can offer per image pricing. What's the size of your project?
  • JohnPapiomitisJohnPapiomitis Member Posts: 6,256
    ccp said:
    Yeah...I'm not sure I want to put money into an app that might not sell

thats exactly how the artists are gonna feel, except instead of money they wont want to put in there time and talent.

and i dont think anyones gonna wanna profit share just on the fact that you dont even belive in your game by saying that.

Dont release something till you feel you have put your all in it, and its the best that it can be

thats my 2cents
  • 3d103d10 Member Posts: 471
    ccp said:
    Yeah...I'm not sure I want to put money into an app that might not sell...not yet any ways.

Thats it.You said it on your own now.Now you yourself have doubt over your app that will it sell or not.So how can a artist waste his talent and time in such app when he can earn something in that time.Until a developer has proven apps in the market on which a artist can trust he will not be willing to work on that basis.
  • ARandomDayARandomDay Member, PRO Posts: 124
    Hello there CCP, my thread has examples of my work, and 5 members have already used my services within Graphics design.

http://gamesalad.com/forums/topic.php?id=26821

Im happy to help where I can for small incidental work, and I charge a relatively small amount for any paid work as-well.

I can also charge a great deal of money - but im sensing thats not what your after just yet.

If you want to collaborate on a project feel free to email me at damien@arandomday.com for thoughts.

Take a peek at my thread if you have 5 mins.

- Damo