Actors collide one way on web and another on iPhone

jkornoffjkornoff Member Posts: 55
edited November -1 in Tech Support
This one has me completely stumped and I've spent hours troubleshooting. I'm willing to create an upload a demo version for the developers and/or anyone else if they think they can help.

The issue is that the game works exactly as planned on the the web & GS, but doesn't when demo'd on the iPhone.

I have a bomb-type actor that explodes several smaller actors out of it when triggered. These smaller actors collide with elements in the scene. With one 'bomb' spawned on the stage, the exploding actors collide exactly as planned on both the web and iphone. BUT...when there are two or more 'bomb' actors on the stage at one time, the collisions stop working ON THE IPHONE ONLY! The web version works fine with multiple bombs.

Because the GS/web version works, it's very difficult to troubleshoot why the iPhone version won't.

I think there's some sort of GS bug at work here...? Thanks!

Comments

• jkornoffjkornoff Member Posts: 55
    I uploaded a demo of the problem and included the template so you can test on the iPhone.

http://gamesalad.com/game/play/36042
    It wasn't a very good demo of the problem. I'll work on uploading another will post here when it is a good test.
    Ok. It seems as though really short-duration timers don't translate very well to the iPhone. I have a time set to destroy an actor after 0.1 seconds. This works fine in GS and on the web, but seems like too short of a time to pick up on the iPhone in the same manner as I am trying to use it. I removed the destroy timer and it works now, so it's just a matter of finding the right destroy time or another method of destroying the actor. Might try a 'destroy after moving x-distance' behavior.