Inserting an image to big for gamesalad?

GoldensnypaGoldensnypa Member Posts: 32
Is there any possible way to bypass the message "The image "...." is too large to safely use in GameSalad" when inserting an image in GameSalad? I don't want to resize the image.

Thank you

Comments

• AsymptoteellAsymptoteell Member Posts: 1,362
    Cut it into 2 or 3 different pictures.

*edit* or more if necessary
  • JohnPapiomitisJohnPapiomitis Member Posts: 6,256
    no the max image size is 1024x1024.

just chop the bigger image up into pieces and put it back together like a puzzle inside gamesalad (you might need to overlap each image a few pixels)
  • GoldensnypaGoldensnypa Member Posts: 32
    If I chop the image into small pieces, will I be able to group it in gamesalad?
    Thanks for the quick reply.
    No. You'll just need to line them up right.
    The problem is, the image has to be 1 actor, isn't there a way around that?
    What does the actor need to do?
    well, its a sniper scope that you see through. The actor follows the mouse. This is what I'm trying to achieve with gamesalad. Check out the gameplay.
    http://www.2sniper.com/play/sniper-freedom
    The problem is, I need some grey area outside the screen so when I move the whole image, with the scope in the middle, to the side, the background wouldn't appear on the left...
  • tenrdrmertenrdrmer Member, Sous Chef, Senior Sous-Chef Posts: 9,934
    Just make gray actors and set them up to move with the Cross hairs either by using the same move rules or constraining their positions to an offset based on the scope position.
    Constrain the outermost parts' X and Y positions to the middle actor (constrained to mouse position) plus or minus whatever you need for the offset between the middle and the outside parts.
    Ok, I will try.
    Your Replies are greatly appreciated.
    Tell us if it works or if you need more help.

Asymptoteell
    Ok, I am doing a test atm, I have constrained a grey rectangle to a white box which is constrained to the mouse position. But what should I "plus or minus" to control what position the grey rectangle is when constrained to the white box? Thank you for your time
    Ahh, Dont worry, I've fixed it. I added the amount I wanted it to shift after the expression that tells it to constrain to the white box. Thank you all for your time.
    It just occured to me that this image should only need to be 960x640. How big is your image?
    1024x1024, and it looks like the image needs to be by far bigger. I inserted the images with that size which made the performance of the game reduce massively. So I need to think of another way to make the cross hair with a remaining Background.