Acceptable Art Style?

BackUpAndDownBackUpAndDown Member Posts: 685
I decided to try my hand at 3D modelling and I was wondering what people thought.

http://www.deviantart.com/download/217236291/sample_image_by_meditatingwolf-d3lc4lf.png

Do you think I could use this type of stuff or should I just stick to 2D drawings?

Comments

• AppsRacKAppsRacK Member Posts: 346
    To be honest. It looks flat. If you could add lighting and shading it will looks nice.
  • JPickardJPickard Member Posts: 477
    I think it's a good start. 3D anything takes a lot of time to master, but you could still come up with your own style that isn't just more of the same photorealism. Photorealistic 3D is getting boring to me.
  • icanmakeicanmake Member Posts: 466
    looks like it was made in google sketchup. it is good but not great. keep practicing and you could make it great.
  • 3d103d10 Member Posts: 471
    great work.
  • ktfrightktfright Member Posts: 964
    I really like the art style, but I also agree that some parts of it looks flat. Maybe try more daring color styles to make things pop a bit. Great job btw!
  • Metronome49Metronome49 Member Posts: 297
    Kind of an Cel shading look. I like it. How would it translate to non-geometric things though? If you know what I mean.
  • RodrigoPerezRodrigoPerez Member Posts: 212
    Looks nice, What program are you using?
  • BackUpAndDownBackUpAndDown Member Posts: 685
    RodrigoPerez said:
    Looks nice, What program are you using?

Google Sketchup. It's extremely easy to learn and it's free. It does have it's limitations though so I'm still not sure if I'm going to use it or not.