Automatic movement left and right

SpaghettiStudiosSpaghettiStudios Member Posts: 18
edited November -1 in Working with GS (Mac)
Is there a way to make an object move left and right automatically while allowing it to be controlled up and down by the user? What would I need to do?

Comments

• JGary321JGary321 Member Posts: 1,246
    http://gamesalad.com/wiki/how_to_gsc_pacing

Then try to just make movement keys for up & down. Not sure what will happen, but that's where I would start.
  • SpaghettiStudiosSpaghettiStudios Member Posts: 18
    Thanks so much for this. I'm still struggling a little - the object won't move back, it just keeps going forward in a straight line and when I press up or down, it makes the object stop rather than move it. Any ideas? Sorry about this.
  • JGary321JGary321 Member Posts: 1,246
    If it's ok that the actor stops moving left & right when you go up & down, put 2 "conditions" where the left & right part go. If Up is NOT down, If Down is Not Down, then move actor left/right etc... This is not a step by step, just leading ya in the right direction. See if you can get it working around this, then let me know.
  • SpaghettiStudiosSpaghettiStudios Member Posts: 18
    I'm kind of there - when I move the actor up and down, I can get it so that there is still movement left and right but it's very specific - for example, if you press up, the sprite moves up and the velocity carries it left even if it was originally going right. It's just a bit of fiddling around I think - it's not quite right but I'm sure it can be done. I've only been using GameSalad for a few hours but I'm finding it very useful and intuitive. Thanks so much for your help JGary321.