i500 - Intergalactic 500 UFO Racing - MacWorld Submission

scitunesscitunes Member, Sous Chef Posts: 4,047
edited November -1 in Announce Your Game!
http://gamesalad.com/game/play/36606

Well, I decided it was time to make a game that was simply that. Not a science teaching tool, or a bad joke (more of those coming, though!), just a game. This should be considered a Lite version as it will have 10 courses for each gaming mode for a total of 30 when it is released and if it sells I will probably add more. For macworld I just put one course for each mode so people could get the idea (and because I was running out of time!)

Game Summary:

Use the joystick for 360 control of your UFO
Shoot button fires little space disks (X button for web)
Special Weapon button (Z) fires items that you pick up throughout the race course
At this point special weapons consist of a web that temporarily gums up your enemy and a spin weapon that causes the enemy to spin out

Warp zones cause your UFO to warp farther along the course
Forcefields protect you from enemy shots, space mines, nuclear space missiles, etc.

Mode 1) Race

In this mode you race against three other UFOs. They can be pretty tough opponents - I've had many a photo finish!

Mode 2) Survive

Complete 3 laps without dying (watch out for space mines, enemy ships, nuclear canons, and huge moons!)

Mode 3) Collect 25 HazMats and complete one lap before time runs out.

Feedback would be greatly appreciated!

Comments

• firemaplegamesfiremaplegames Member Posts: 3,211
    Wow! That is excellent! The controls are nice, very responsive!
    Great Job!!
    I'll be playing some more in a little while!
  • scitunesscitunes Member, Sous Chef Posts: 4,047
    Thanks! That means a lot coming from you. Used magnitude a lot in this game so that particles and other movements would only take place when you can see them. I would never have known how to do this without your demos and forum posts - so thanks a lot! Oh, and vectortoangle as well, so thanks again!
  • JamesZeppelinJamesZeppelin Member Posts: 1,927
    Wow Nice.

The name is great too Very Catchy