No sound with published game

steeler0038steeler0038 Member Posts: 153
edited November -1 in Working with GS (Mac)
I published my game on a testing account so i can put it on my ipod. But whenever I go to a new level, the music I have set in the level doesn't start playing. It works perfectly in gamesalad when I test it, but not in my published game on my ipod. Any help?

Comments

• Braydon_SFXBraydon_SFX Member, Sous Chef, PRO, Bowlboy Sidekick Posts: 9,271
    I dont know the answer, but you might wanna try the GameSalad viewer before publishing it on the app store.

That way you can see if its not working :)
  • steeler0038steeler0038 Member Posts: 153
    Yea, this is just an update to my app thats already on the store, and i'm testing it with a provisioning profile, so its not on the app store yet :) but anyway, the version of my game that is on the app store now has sound working perfectly. The only thing I changed in this update is some graphics...thats why I don't understand why my sound doesn't work all of a sudden.
  • outasiteoutasite Member Posts: 417
    Out of curiosity did you test it with a ad hoc?
    Here's a link to a to a different thread about ad hocs.

http://gamesalad.com/forums/topic.php?id=11577

All of the big guys, tell us ad hoc is key, and they are right. Because then if he run into problems like these, we can fix before the world can see a game that doesn't work like it should.

WAIT a second, in GS do you move through scenes by clicking them in the "timeline" at the bottom? By doing this it will continue to play the music from the very first scene that started playing music. Be sure that you have play music in all of the scenes.
    No, i'm not clicking through the scenes.
    And yes, i am using adhoc, sorry, still not used to all these different names for testing, haha
  • outasiteoutasite Member Posts: 417
    Hmm. I'm stumped. Let this count as a bump, to see anyone else might be able to think something up for ya.
  • SlickZeroSlickZero Houston, TexasMember, Sous Chef Posts: 2,870
    Apparently there is an issue with some sound files. When a scene is changed, the volume is set to 0 sometimes. You may need to add a behavior that turns the sound to 1 when a scene starts. I haven't been able to replicate this bug, but a few people are having it with their projects.