Only hours left to submit to the Macworld 2010 GameSalad Challenge!

CobraCobra Member Posts: 160
edited November -1 in News from the Dev Team
The window for submitting new game entries to the Macworld 2010 GameSalad Challenge closes tonight at 11:59 pm PST.

A quick checklist:
- Is your game playable with a keyboard and mouse?
- Have you uploaded your game using the "Publish" button in GameSalad?
- Have you checked to make sure your game is visible by everyone? (Log out to check this!)
- Have you submitted your game to the GameSalad Challenge? (Log back in and click the purple button at the top right of your game's page!)

Contest info: http://gamesalad.com/macworld

Good luck,
Cobra

Comments

• BeyondtheTechBeyondtheTech Member Posts: 809
    Just a quick question...

Were we supposed to be designing games that's geared more for web play rather than one that would be used on the iPhone/iPod touch?

My game Spellcaster was designed primarily for the iPhone/iPod touch in mind, was built sideways for portrait mode and uses the accelerometer (even though I put in a keyboard hack to trigger "use" of the accelerometer.)

Will the finalists' apps be presented to the judges by means of a mobile device (where my game can best be demonstrated) or via GameSalad.com?

Just wanted to be sure I'm not disqualifying myself or otherwise for those reasons stated above.
  • CobraCobra Member Posts: 160
    On orientation:
    Don't worry about this. A new GameSalad version is coming soon which will allow different orientations. The judges will take this into account, and we should be able to present each of the Finalist games in their proper orientation.

On controls / difficulty:
    You should do whatever you can to make sure your game plays well on the web, since this is how the games will be judged. (See the FAQ, http://gamesalad.com/macworld/faq.)
  • BeyondtheTechBeyondtheTech Member Posts: 809
    AHA! I got someone to talk about an upcoming version! That's like someone at Apple confirming an iPhone 4 or an iPad before it's released. Somebody bust out the champagne! ;) Just kidding. Looking forward to it. I think I have just the thing that will work for web play. I will update accordingly. Thanks for the heads up.
  • micahmicah Member Posts: 85
    Good luck everyone!