Good luck to all Macworld contestants!

ktfrightktfright Member Posts: 964
edited November -1 in Introductions
I just wanted to say good luck to all contestants in the macworld comp. Everyone has such great games, and it's great to see a game dev community with so much talent and promise!

Good night!

Comments

• firemaplegamesfiremaplegames Member Posts: 3,211
    Thanks! Good luck to you, too!
  • urhungryurhungry Member Posts: 112
    Good luck to all of you.
  • rebumprebump Member Posts: 1,058
    Good luck all. I'm really impressed with what I have seen thus far. There is some great talent on GS!

I failed due to time restrictions but it was a nice kick-in-the-butt to get jumpstarted in GameSalad. About 7-8 days ago, I was like, I should try and enter just for the exposure but this last weekend got used up for other things. :-( But still, I'm about 90% done and a heck of a lot more familiar with the GS tool and game logic than I would have been. At least I will churn out an iPhone/Touch app pretty soon and that was the prime directive.

Are all the submitted games being featured at MacWorld or just the winner (and runner-up(s))?

Edit: Just re-read the contest blog entry. Finalists will be featured. Dang it! I think my stuff was looking pretty good (but rip of an arcade classic). More of a test of GS's capabilities and limits (and mine :-) ).
  • harrioharrio Member Posts: 234
    what's cookin,

goodnight johnboy...oh, i mean good luck everybody.

and thanks qsheep for kickin a chef in the butt when he needed it...lol

noodles...
  • quantumsheepquantumsheep Member Posts: 8,188
    Yep - sorry I haven't replied - been unbearably wonderful two nights in a row :O

DON'T JUDGE ME!!!

Talking of judging, good luck to all Mac World people - but, as in Highlander, there can be only one! ;)

Cheers,

QS :)

Dr. Sam Beckett never returned home...
    Twitter: https://twitter.com/Quantum_Sheep
    Web: https://quantumsheep.itch.io

• butterbeanbutterbean Member Posts: 4,315
    lol Quantum!

Good luck to everyone! Amazes me how many awesome entries there are, and how many games are getting pumped out each week!
  • harrioharrio Member Posts: 234
    what's cookin,

lol qsheep...that is unless you've watched the heinous, sacrilegious, even apocryphal sequels. in which case, there can be only about 17 at any given time. give or take a few.

noodles...
  • jonmulcahyjonmulcahy Member, Sous Chef Posts: 10,408
    there's a lot of good competition out there, I'm always surprised with what people come up with, stuff I never would have thought of!
  • CrazybreadmanCrazybreadman Member Posts: 674
    Its tough for me to pick out the best 5. Im just glad Im not the judge lol. Good luck to all and may the best games win :)
  • EastboundEastbound Member, BASIC Posts: 1,074
    Good luck everyone! Looks like the competition succeeded in motivating the completion of some top notch apps.