GameSalad and iphone performance

SDMGSDMG Member Posts: 280
Hi GendaiGames,

a lot of games i have seen on the iphone are preloading their assets at start...

Normally you are seeing at start a simple graphic with a blinking "Loading" until all stuff is loaded...
While there is no behaviour or rule in gamesalad for preloading content i am asking my self if it would be necessary to preload my assets in gamesalad when i am using a a lot of graphics or sounds and want to publish my game to the appstore?

Another technique i have read about is spawning all characters and enemies at the start of a game and move the at start unused ones out of the screen, because spawning new character while playing the game shortly interrupts the animation or gameplay of games made with other engines for the iphone...

At least i have read something about the garbagecollector that (please correct me if i am wrong!) is a routine or something like this... cleaning up the memory and freeing ram on the iphone while the game is played... the post was about that the garbagecollector always makes his job when you don't want him to do so, and that destroying unused variables and freeing ram again interrups the game for a very short time... so they have discussed how to force the garbagecollector to do his job when not that much happens on screen...

I have found these points in a forum of a 3D-Engine for the iphone and i am asking myself if i have to consider these techniques in gamesalad too?

All the best

SDMG