Iphone please

NMC94NMC94 Member Posts: 3
O please hurry up and give us the iphone app creator!!!!

Comments

• KamazarKamazar Member Posts: 287
    I think Gendai Games should take the same route Apple did. Give us all the tools for free, when we actually want to publish a game, make us pay. In other words, just charge for compilation. I mean, the $99 dev registration fee, plus the $30-$100 for the app previewer, plus the compilation fee, plus the time and money spent making the app, adds up to a lot.

... we are talking about the previewer app here, right?
  • zombotszombots Member Posts: 186
    i think we should pay for gamesalad and the preview app. but be able to export to the .app files straight from gamesalad as many times as we need for free. and even export to code would be awesome.
    p.s hurry up preview app!
  • ipwnuipwnu Member Posts: 19
    I don't know if that would happen. Gendai Games isn't as big as Apple and probably can't afford to just be a publishing company. From what I've seen with the tool, the developers are doing an awesome job. I'm hoping the previewer app will be just as awesome. I think by paying for the tools, it will ensure that Gendai can show that they can make money now and pay their developers to make improvements, instead of waiting if and when people decide that their game is ready for submission. Maybe we should donate money to them to make them work faster. :-)

Anyways, at least its a lot cheaper than hiring an iphone developer for $100/hr. See as it took some people a week to put out some nice games with gamesalad, it probably would take longer for an iphone developer to program it. And seeing as I change my mind a lot when deciding things, its gonna get expensive if I have to get a developer to make changes every time I do.
  • ipwnuipwnu Member Posts: 19
    Touch This Games,
    I don't know if Apple would like that very much if you could export to .app at will. You would have lots of free games spread around the web and Apple wouldn't get a cent for it. And if there ever is going to be score saving or high score tables, you would be hitting someone's data server and someone needs to pay for that and the maintenance for it. It would be uncontrolled and if someone could figure out to make .app files to really hose your device, you probably wouldn't like that. Some bad seeds just ruin it for everyone.
  • zombotszombots Member Posts: 186
    yea true. but apple still has to approve the app b4 it goes to the store n e way
  • JaxterJaxter Member, PRO Posts: 398
    Whene it can be published? date?
  • NMC94NMC94 Member Posts: 3
    Kamazer I totally agree with the same rout as apple idea.
  • beatragebeatrage Member Posts: 126
    With a free system every SMART ass is going to try this out....and as WE developers that are really trying HARD to make quality games won´t have a " PROTECTED " system!

As you also know piracy is going to be tested on your tools(gamesalad , the APP tester/maker) too so please be carefull ....the WEB is a BAD weapon in nowdays!

And is better to be fast on the release because GML(game maker language 8) is going to be released this november...I think...And they will have a system to distribute iphone games too in the APP form AT FIRST...but paid only for the GML pack...and for windows!!

As I am still making my games on GS-game salad I am not concerned by that....for now of course!
  • harrioharrio Member Posts: 234
    what's cookin,

hey beatrage, do you have any links? i keep up with gamemaker, as well as tgb, mmf, construct, novashell and others...yeah, i am an engine whore. but i have not read anything about iphone functionality.
  • Mr.pHMr.pH Member Posts: 26
    I think we should do a subscription thing like apple. Everything is free except for exporting and the preview app. You pay a fee and you get the preview app and are able to export as many games as you would like for 1 year(or whenever).
  • SDMGSDMG Member Posts: 280
    I prefer to be able to export to the .app file from within gamesalad... I wouldn't like to pay a fee for the export... what if my customers finds a bug and i need to export a fixed version... (fee?) ... after that there will be always another bug noone has found before (fee?)... ok everything runs fine now ... let's make an update (fee?) ... Oh! GameSalad has a highscore-bahaviour now ... --> export (fee?) ... hmm new iphone OS... you have to export again to get the performance improvements... (fee?) ...

hmm... i don't like the idea.

and i think a lot of games will not make that much money so bugfixing and updating your games will maybee not be affordable...

SDMG
  • jhaasjhaas Member Posts: 233
    For what it's worth...

First and foremost Gendai needs to set this up as a profitable system for themselves - if they don't make money - this all goes away.

Now having said that-there are probably 3 groups of users, the just for funs, the wannabes(most of us), and the established game studios. The challenge as I see it is to for Gendai is to monetize Game Salad in such a way as to maximize $$, have the widest possible user base and have a profitable price structure that works with ALL their users.

I would like to see a price structure that perhaps gives us the option of per app cost or per year unlimited license. The main reason I say that is a lot of app software has a paid full version and a free lite version. This is a valuable way to market your software on the app store.

If the cost per app is too high and you are charged for the free lite version - it could impact the options we have to market and use the free lite as a way to drive sales to the paid app. Remember - the VAST majority of games on the app store have little to no sales. The hit "iFart" apps are the exception rather than the rule. The price structure needs to keep that in mind.

Of course Gendai could also allow for free lite versions provided you already pay for the full version and the free app is confirmed to be the same title, just the lite version.

I imagine setting up the price structure could be the most complex and the most critical part of Game Salad's development - too low and no sustainable business model - too high and only the big studios will play. :)

I wish them luck in getting this all figured out.
  • beatragebeatrage Member Posts: 126
    The link is here:

http://glog.yoyogames.com/?p=144

and the date was posted by ipod fans that talked with yoyogames representatives!

I am a master at this tool without proportions....I have a complete beat ém up game running at 1280 x 720 on windows! it would be perfect on a ps3 or xbox360!