Contented Baby Sleep - In App Store - My 1st App (PROMOS)

StormyStudioStormyStudio United KingdomMember Posts: 3,989
edited November -1 in Announce Your Game!
www.itunes/app/contentedbabysleep

Good afternoon GS lovers...

My very first App has been approved and is now on the App Store. It is an App rather than a game, part sound board and part interactive colour screen. The idea behind the app is to help ease unsettled babies off to a gentle nights sleep. The reason I made it is down to becoming a first time parent back on January the 13th this year (2010) (I posted on the forum updates of the labour from the 10th on a previous thread).

It's been a great way to kill the the time where I've been looking after my new daughter in the middle of the night, and a excellent way to learn my way around GameSalad. Only been using it properly for about 2 weeks.

It's up for 59p (99 cents) and will remain that way, as there's a lot of competition. I'm the only one with interactive colour though.

Please take a look and if you want to, post some good reviews.

Promo codes below (please post which ones you have used)

493XKE74L7K7
3EMWN9A9PK33
EPNX64KRFTY7
J34PX49WYPA9
4PL7K36LR3EM
XM6X4WHKEY7R

more available on request...

www.itunes/app/contentedbabysleep

Oh and to read my post about being on this forum whilst my wife is in labour:

http://gamesalad.com/forums/topic.php?id=2403#post-12998

Things I'd like to improve on the app already, in the tips and info sections I've had to make
buttons to scroll the text up and down, as I could not work out a way to make it scroll when you drag your finger. (asked on forum but was told its not yet possible, is that true?)

Also would like to improve control over the colours, but also like the current sort of hit and miss effect.

Comments

• dereklaruedereklarue Member Posts: 121
    I used XM6X4WHKEY7R
    installing now :)
  • StormyStudioStormyStudio United KingdomMember Posts: 3,989
    what did you think....did it run fine...what itouch/iphone were you using...any recommendations...

Planning on making an actual proper game next, with levels, physics and all that jazz...

But will do some promo work on this first, make a couple of youtube videos...send off to baby magazines etc etc.
    It was interesting,
    Im running
    ipod touch 2g
    fw3.1.2
    Should add things on the relaxing side,
    Not a toilet/vacuum.

Im working on making a tut for the menu thing.
    Almost done :)

Baby a Boy or girl?
    Whats your babys name?
    :D
    Thanks...baby girl, 'Phoebe Grace Draper',

The toilet and vacuum got in there as in real life they both do the trick of quieting her down.

Might add some bird song... the wind.... enchanting sounds of mermaids...that sort of thing..
    Heres the menu thing.
    http://gamesalad.com/game/play/37244

Lemme know if it helps :)
    Will take look at the
    menu thing tomorrow. Thankyou very much for that.

Note to self. Don't try and launch app and get people to take a look at it on the launch day of apples newest device the ipad. Thought I might get a few more people taking a look :-)

just watched ipad video. Our apps will work on it which is cool. Giant iPhone? Or supercool web surfy device
  • quantumsheepquantumsheep Member Posts: 8,188
    Wait! Apple launched a new device???

To be fair, this app isn't aimed at me in any way shape or form as I'm not a dad!

However, I had a look on iTunes and thought the presentation looked really good. I hope you do well with it mate!

Cheers,

QS :)

PS - is that your baby on the title screen? If so, nice touch. She may demand royalties in about 18 years though...!

Dr. Sam Beckett never returned home...
    Twitter: https://twitter.com/Quantum_Sheep
    Web: https://quantumsheep.itch.io

yep thats my baby on the title screen....thought about setting it up so any sales go into an account just for her....but then I thought no wait..hold on I want an ipad....is that wrong?

Anybody interested in downloading and feeding back on the interactive colour screen would be nice. Obviosuly I'm aware its not a fun looking game...
  • scitunesscitunes Member, Sous Chef Posts: 4,047
    493XKE74L7K7

I'll take a look and give you some feedback.
    cheers...whats the feedback...? what do you think about the interactive screen....plus the awkward buttons for scrolling the text
    Have just put together a simple video showing 'Contented Baby' take a look on youtube or on my website

www.stormystudio.com

Scitunes, did you take a look, any thoughts....

anyone else?
  • firemaplegamesfiremaplegames Member Posts: 3,211
    Hey,

Greta App! I hope it does well! I'll download it over the weekend and leave a review!

btw, I created a scrolling box demo:

http://gamesalad.com/game/play/37404

Feel free to use the code for your app if you want!

Joe
    Cool. Will take a look at that and the other menu thing posted before further up the thread. Cheers.
    Thanks firemaplegames and dereklarue for the projects, will def keep hold of them and implement them for update.

Just checked my sales for the first time on itunes connect.

Over the whole 2 days its made an average of 7 sales a day.

Obviosuly nothing to write home about, but with a few plugs on some other forums and some more viral style videos on youtube it could start gettting some better reviews and move up the list for when people search for 'baby sleep' on the app store.