Object1 position related to Object2 position and transparencies

thedarkmasterthedarkmaster Member Posts: 2
edited November -1 in Working with GS (Mac)
Hi, I really love your program, it reminds me of Multimedia Fusion I used!
This post is about two questions in reality!
1) How can I set the position of one object related to that of another one? I read the help and tried myself but I'm new to this program and I only see rules related to a specific actor. When I edit an actor's rules, I'd like to be able to say something like: position = position of another actor... but I only see options related to the same actor I'm editing the rules for..

2) Transparencies are not interpreted in a phisic way. that's weird. Isn't it possible to have an object collide with another one only in opaque areas? I mean, I have an ombject with a complex form, not a square... isn't it possible to make it collide with another object with it's real form?

Comments

• CodeMonkeyCodeMonkey Head Chef, Member, PRO Posts: 1,803
    Thanks for the kind words.
    1) To have one actor be able to follow another actor, the target actor will need to constrain its position attributes to game(global) attributes so other actors can go to that position.

2) Currently images collide with each other with whatever their rectangular dimensions they are set to. This includes the transparent part of the image.