Adobe After Effects?

hman360hman360 Member Posts: 590
Is anybody willing to do adobe After Effects trailer for an upcoming game?

My partner and I want the video to look as good as this :)

Email redsox360blog@gmail.com if interested.

Comments

• 3d103d10 Member Posts: 471
    What you expect that to cost you.
  • hman360hman360 Member Posts: 590
    I'm not sure, I want you guys to each give me an offer.
  • ultimaultima Member, PRO Posts: 1,207
    if you are looking for professional quality motion designer expect to pay 300-500 a day. if you are just looking for someone who knows how to use after effect.. perhaps 80-150 a day.
  • StormyStudioStormyStudio United KingdomMember Posts: 3,989
    Hey guys... nice video example...

Check out my site
    http://stormystudio.com/index.html

And look at the animation showreel...

After Effects animation is my day job...just did a big job for Adobe which looks pretty sweet...hoping to get them to approve me posting it on my site soon.

Please email me if your interested and I'm sure we can work something out...
    jon@stormystudio.com

One option to keep costs down would be do use a premade project and then I can adapt it to your needs,

Check out these iphone based after effects project templates on revostock.com
    http://www.revostock.com/SearchResult-Empty.html?text=iphone&st=AND&FormatNTSC=on&FormatHD720=on&FormatPAL=on&FormatHD1080=on&cat1[]=224&cat1[]=225&cat1[]=425&cat1[]=426&cat1[]=528&cat1[]=169&cat1[]=&cat1[]=

or I could make one from scratch but that'll cost more obviously.
    one more link...
    http://www.shootyou.co.uk/animation-video.html

this is the company I work for by day...majority of the animation work has been done by me over the past few years...
  • old_kipperold_kipper Member Posts: 1,420
    I like the motion tracking text on the BMX section. Is that your's, Stormy?
    yeah....we bought the video footage off a stock site then tracked it using a 3d camera tracker (PF_Tracker on the Mac) then I put markers in for the text, added fake shadows for the text and rotoscope (masked) out the rider when he goes in front of some of the text. Turned on motion blur...and boom!

...it was part of a bigger video of about 20 clips each one with tracked graphics on the footage...a fun project indeed... it helped bag a job later on doing a 3d shoot for Halfords bikes. (3 days filming in the brecon beacons....) ...which was probably the coolest job I've done to date.
  • old_kipperold_kipper Member Posts: 1,420
    Have you tried doing 3d tracking in AE without plugins?
    I've done lots of the 2D tracking using the built in tracker but it really is not the best tracker....Mocha comes with After Effects now and is great for 2D planar tracking....Also I saw a plugin that lets you do 3d tracking inside of After Effects.... will try that out next time its needed.

Just finished a project for Herbalife, which involved lots of tracked video for a personalized video (user uploads a photo and their name) and it appears in the video straight away....(I did'nt have to work out the techy flash web bit...just made the video and sorted out the tracking data). This was all done with the built in Tracker as it had to be used for a technical data reason...

How many times can I say tracking in one post.... tracking, tracking tracking.....
  • andrewm2211andrewm2211 Member Posts: 341
    ultima said:
    if you are looking for professional quality motion designer expect to pay 300-500 a day. if you are just looking for someone who knows how to use after effect.. perhaps 80-150 a day.

Those rates are very low, please don't speak for us.
  • hman360hman360 Member Posts: 590
    Hey chefs, we have what we need, you may close this thread.
This discussion has been closed.