long rule groups...

harrioharrio Member Posts: 234
edited November -1 in Working with GS (Mac)
what's cookin chefs,

question, the 'mini' game i have started involves a custom movement behavior for the enemies. as i have fleshed out the movement conditions, the rule has gotten pretty big and as a result, it slows to a crawl when i am trying to scroll to the particular part i am trying to troubleshoot. is this memory management? a bug? or my system?

mbp, 17", 8gb ram, 3ghz c2d

because the movement is not behaving correctly right now, i have to keep the entire rule open as i scroll, trying to figure out where the logic errors are. this causes the program to come to an almost standstill.

is anyone else having problems with big behavior group scrolling...?

Comments

• KamazarKamazar Member Posts: 287
    I've had that problem before, especially when I open one of the templates. The basic platformer one is a pain in the a**. Just starting out, I was looking as the jump behaviors, oh god. Currently using last year's MacBook Pro. I was a little surprised actually, but I'm sure a fix is on the way soon.
  • quantumsheepquantumsheep Member Posts: 8,188
    Yep, I have some scrolling problems with long rules too. I generally minimise each rule set so that I don't have to scroll through anything massive. If I need to look at something specific, I maximise just that rule.

It helps, honest! :)

Dr. Sam Beckett never returned home...
    Twitter: https://twitter.com/Quantum_Sheep
    Web: https://quantumsheep.itch.io

• harrioharrio Member Posts: 234
    quantumsheep,kamazar...

thanks for the comments. that is exactly my point. i'm dealing with a rule group that is not working correctly. so i have to figure out what is wrong and thusly, i can't minimize any of it because i don't know which part is wrong exactly.

i hope the chefs can work on the memory managment involved in this problem.

when minimized, i'm sure the speed is much better. but there are times when you need to see the whole rule.

also, to the head chefs or whoever may have figured this out already. i may want to ask you guys for help on my rule group if i can't get it behaving correctly. but it extends beyond the game scene editor window. so how would i get a snap shot of it to show you guys...?