arrrrrrrrrrgh...Code signing error. What am I doing wrong?

SparkyidrSparkyidr Member Posts: 2,033
Trying to build an app stor build of my game, and no matter what I seem to do, I get the :
"Code signing error. Code signing failed. Make sure you have your blah blah blah installed"

My development certificate/provisioning profile works fine, it's just when I try to build an app store version.

Have tried removing all my provisioning profiles, and removing the files in /library/mobile devices/provisioning profiles.....and removed all certificates including WWDR, and re-creating everything...but still the same error :o(

Just added an ad-hoc prov profile, and am getting the same error, which would point to the problem being with the distribution certificate. Although I had built an ad-hoc yesterday, using the original certificate and profile that I made before I tried to build an app store build.

Anyone point me in the right direction?

Comments

• SparkyidrSparkyidr Member Posts: 2,033
    anyone got any ideas?
  • stanimationstanimation Member Posts: 406
    When you publish the game in GS are you sure you are selecting the correct code sign profile in the code sign scroll down menu?
    hi stani. yeah, deffo.
    Have you published a game before or is this your first?
    this will be my first
    so you do have a distribution profile created?
    as far as i can tell, everything is created and installed.

I can see the cert in keychain, and I assume the profile must be installed ok to let me choose it in the salad dropdown.
    In my dev portal, I see the cert and the profile, and they seem to tie up... I.E. in the cert, it shows the retail profile I am trying to use.

kinda out of ideas now.
    @stanimation

yeah I have a dev profile created, which seems to be working

I then have 2 distribution profiles, one for ad hoc with my devices checked, and another for "app store"
    I have both of these profiles installed too (I can see them if I browse to the folder on the hdd, and I can choose them from the salad dropdown when I try to publish)
    Just seems the ad-hoc, and retail.app store allways give me the code sign error.
    I wish I had better advice for you. I had similar issues and just kept trying until I got it. For me it was not having the correct version selected and/or profiles selected. After I fixed that it worked. Good luck. Keep trying!
    thanks anyways.... much appreciated.
  • JamesBoucherJamesBoucher Member Posts: 433
    You should have two cert. one for developing and one for the app store. You should have two profiles (per app) one for developing and one for the app store. Make sure you're using the one for the app store for both cert. and profile.

The other thing that GS can have a problem with is the name of your profile. I would use just characters with spaces or any other characters.
    Hi James... yeah, thats exactly what I have.
    well.... after about the 20th time of removing my certificates, and profiles, and re-installing... It seems I have just built an app store build... blimey
  • ckurt25ckurt25 Member Posts: 122
    Ugh, I'm in the same boat. I've been trying for about 6 hours now and keep on getting stuck. I keep on trying and trying again and all the certs and provisioning profiles appear to be installed correctly.

Is there a common mistake that is being made by the folks having this issue? If there was maybe I could start there. The problem is I have no idea... I've started from scratch a half dozen times and I still get the freaking error.
  • ckurt25ckurt25 Member Posts: 122
    Well I can't really pinpoint exactly what I did but I got it to work and my app is now waiting for review. I deleted all the certs and profiles and went back and reinstalled the dev ones, then the distribution ones and I was somewhat shocked when it worked.
    yeah, not sure what I did differently on the final time either.. just seemed to work.
    all been fine from them on.
  • RacetotheMoonRacetotheMoon Member Posts: 323
    I'm in the middle of this same problem. I've added/deleted and tried to make a build going on a dozen plus times. I've been making builds without a problem all through out the dev process, but now that I want to make a submission build I get code sign errors.

Does anyone have any tips or pointers? Such as an order this needs to be in? I'm at wits end.
  • firemaplegamesfiremaplegames Member Posts: 3,211
    You should have two provisioning profiles for your game, i.e:

MyGreatGameDevelopmentProfile
    MyGreatGameAppStoreProfile

Make sure when you publish, that you are selecting the distribution profile and not a development profile in the drop-down menu on the panel where you select your icon, glossiness, etc.
  • RacetotheMoonRacetotheMoon Member Posts: 323
    Thanks (again) for the words, FMG. =D

My issue ended up being about the Distribution Certificate.

We released a game before, which was developed, and built, by another user. Thus the Distribution Certificate was looking for his information. Once I revoked, and submitted the new Certificate Signing Request, and made a new provision file with that certificate everything was good to go.