graphics not so bright on Game Salad Viewer on iphone, in reality?

GamePizzaGamePizza Member, PRO Posts: 227
I tested my app with Game Salad Viewer 0.9.6 on iphone 4

It's great to be able to test on the actual device. I found a number of issues I need to change in my game before release. But graphics look great on Game Salad on my MacBook Air. They also look great in the simulator. But on Game Salad Viewer on the iphone the app's graphics appear significantly darker. Will this be how the app really looks when it is downloaded onto people's iphones? Or is the simulator a better example?

Comments

• 11clock11clock Member Posts: 450
    GamePizza said:
    I tested my app with Game Salad Viewer 0.9.6 on iphone 4

It's great to be able to test on the actual device. I found a number of issues I need to change in my game before release. But graphics look great on Game Salad on my MacBook Air. They also look great in the simulator. But on Game Salad Viewer on the iphone the app's graphics appear significantly darker. Will this be how the app really looks when it is downloaded onto people's iphones? Or is the simulator a better example?

Try turning up the brightness on your device.

Based on what I've seen, GameSalad Viewer plays the game almost exactly like the finished build. The brightness on your device is probably lower than your monitor's.
  • JohnPapiomitisJohnPapiomitis Member Posts: 6,256
    If its not you darkness liek 11clocl said, then its most likely cause your not using Retina graphics for the iphone4
  • MegapixelIdeasMegapixelIdeas Member, PRO Posts: 476
    I also noticed this when I was testing my game. I turned the brightness up on my device (iPod touch 3g) and it didn't help. I published the app anyway and when I download it from the app store the app looked exactly the same as in the viewer. I think it is because the IOS devices have a different type of screen then our MAC's.