Elerium 115 - is just about to hit the App Store.... finally

TobyToby Member Posts: 478
edited November -1 in Announce Your Game!
Hi everyone, Elerium 115 is just about to hit the App Store......Finally!

Before it does, here is a little gameplay video of the game in action. The video does not show all the features, but gives a good idea of what to expect. (I really like my end of game boss)

If the game is popular I'll add more levels and features with future updates.

Link to the YouTube video is here:

http://www.youtube.com/user/tobybridson

WHen it's live I'll drop some PROMO CODES in the forum.

Comments

• StormyStudioStormyStudio United KingdomMember Posts: 3,989
    just watched video ... looks very very impressive. How long have you been working on it?

How well does it play controls wise when on a device.

Nice visuals.

Will certainly take a look once its in the App Store...
  • TobyToby Member Posts: 478
    Time spent was a few months, framerates are pretty good on a iPhone GS - Touch 64gb - average 30>20 fps sometimes there is a dip for a half second or so when things get really busy but it runs pretty well.

I switch everything off - (visibility to none) for all actors when not in the screen area.
  • SDMGSDMG Member Posts: 280
    congrats Toby ;)
  • butterbeanbutterbean Member Posts: 4,315
    Been looking forward to this one Toby! I remember way back when you uploaded this to the website, it was one of my faves!
  • stanimationstanimation Member Posts: 406
    That looks very cool. I like how you have lots of small sub-animations. Great job and good luck with sales!!
  • scitunesscitunes Member, Sous Chef Posts: 4,047
    Other GSers seem to be saying that you cannot switch visibility on and off. Toby, how did you manage to do this? I have used magnitude to only have things move, animate, and make particles when on screen. Is this what you did with the visibility settings?
  • ktfrightktfright Member Posts: 964
    bout' time toby! im ready to see what the hype is about. ;)
    thanks everyone.

@scitunes - my solution was a lot simpler than that, I just placed an actor on stage which covered the screen area and then placed all actors in one tag group. simple logic <On collide - change vis to true!> - works ok!
  • SparkyidrSparkyidr Member Posts: 2,033
    looks brill from the vid. Great work.
  • scitunesscitunes Member, Sous Chef Posts: 4,047
    but the turning on and off of vis works mid game? and improves frame rates?
  • firemaplegamesfiremaplegames Member Posts: 3,211
    Wow! That looks fantastic! Congrats! Definitely worth the wait!
  • JGary321JGary321 Member Posts: 1,246
    Did some testing. Turned off visibility & did what you said & the actors never became visible. Are you changing game.graphics.visible or game.color.alpha??? I've tried numerous ways to change 'visible', but it seems it can't be (like the wiki says).

After testing if you are changing alpha it's not helping =(
    Alpha on 12 actors moving, each with probably 50 rules made almost no difference. Less than 1 FPS which could just have been fluctuation.
    Damn, having issues with 3G phones, been rejected this time with a crash issue.

Question....

When selecting device requirements under the App setup, I can choose iPhone & iPod touch or iPhone & iPod touch (2nd Generation)

I assume 2 generation refers to iPhone 3GS?

If my game is too demanding can I choose to deploy to only 2nd Gen devices?
  • quantumsheepquantumsheep Member Posts: 8,188
    Yes. It's what I'll have to do too.

Don't fear the second generation!

QS :)

Dr. Sam Beckett never returned home...
    Twitter: https://twitter.com/Quantum_Sheep
    Web: https://quantumsheep.itch.io

Looking at the logs it's a low memory issue, and the game just gets jettisoned!

Probably need to move this discussion to the tech forum but how much memory is in an iPhone 3G?