Cropping a circle in photoshop

Macca_McGillMacca_McGill Member, PRO Posts: 108
Hi guys,

Need a little help trying to crop my image in photoshop. Basically i have a circle i want, but following other tutorials people say use the wand to select the circle, then select inverse and just delete it. But you still get the alpha background as if its a square. Can anyone tell me how to do this properly?

Cheers,

JB Games

Comments

• old_kipperold_kipper Member Posts: 1,420
    You can't have a round image file as the final output from photoshop so you will always have a rectangular background. Whatever an image looks like within the game, it will always be rectangular as an image file.

hope that helps

kipper
  • Macca_McGillMacca_McGill Member, PRO Posts: 108
    So how do you go about getting the collision right with a round image? Say you have multiple round images bouncing off each other?
  • old_kipperold_kipper Member Posts: 1,420
    look in the actor attributes in the physics section and you will find collision type for rectangular and circle. Rectangular with cover any rectangle shape but circular will only cover an actual circle or the narrowest dimension of a shape.
    Ok thanks old_kipper :)

Another quick question if thats ok? lol Ive got a wall on the left side, but its not a flat surface, its jagged. Would i only be able to put a rectangular collision over the whole shape or can i make the collision the shape of the wall?
    Im guessing ill only be able to use a rectangle :(
  • mattyr64mattyr64 Member Posts: 82
    Yeah, so basically if you have a square image 64 x 64 pixels (and it's an image of a circle with transparency around it), set collision to circle and it will work perfectly as long as the circle in the image butts right up to the edges of the image.
  • mattyr64mattyr64 Member Posts: 82
    just use multiple collision objects, rotate them to fit the jaggy edges. If you hold Alt and click and drag you create a duplicate, this can help speed up the process.
    Ah cool thanks for the help guys :)