I REALLY NEED HELP WITH GRAPHIC DESIGNS

ashapiro914ashapiro914 Member Posts: 88
Hi, im 11 and im making an app but I cant find any graphic designers. Should I hire somebody to do it for me or should I find a program and use that?

Thanks

Comments

• imperiousdevimperiousdev Member Posts: 35
    Hey,

That is quite a subjective question and depends on a number of factors. First of all, a game or an app can be be made to look a lot more appealing if it has professionally created graphics and art work. But the flip side to that is, if the 'content' of said game or app is poor then art work won't save it.

I guess it also depends on the complexity of the images you are intending to create?

If you have the budget / finances and can find a good, reasonable price designer then it would always be a good idea to have some do that. However, getting a piece of software is always a decent option. Most people use one of the following;

PhotoShop - By Adobe, very expensive piece of kit but has a shed load of options.
    Illustrator - Also made by Adobe, very good package but expensive.
    Paint.net - an open source, free of charge download.
    GIMP - An open source, free of charge alternative to photoshop.
    Pixlr.com - An online, free of charge photo editor with some good options.
    Piq - a free of charge pixel art package avilable online at www.piq.cudeos.net

Hope this helps.
  • MattGibbardMattGibbard Member Posts: 45
    Hiring someone to design graphics for you can be expensive. You say that you are eleven years old, so I'm guessing that paying money probably isn't an option; correct me if I am wrong.

I would suggest learning something like Flash, Photoshop or Illustrator to create your graphics. Heck, you're still young. Maybe get onto YouTube and watch some videos of your chosen software. Keep your money.
  • ashapiro914ashapiro914 Member Posts: 88
    Thanks to both of you. I will do as you say.
    Just how much to you think a graphic designer would cost?
  • BIG_THINKIN_APPSBIG_THINKIN_APPS Member Posts: 944
    Hey I'm making my art for my game with http://www.sumopaint.com/home/ and I'm 11 so it may work for you but I did need so me one to make my actor. I hope it works for you
    Ok thanks.
    Well how much did it cost for you to get someone to make your actor?
    I nees someone to make my first screen.
    Or I have to do it by myself.
    Well i got someone to make my actor for free
    And I'm really good making screens for games
    Really do you think you could help me make one? And I have a few games so do u think you could help me with the home screen and give the email or whatever that helped you make your actor? Thanks
    Yeah I can help make your home screen and I can get you the persons email that helped me with my actor. Email me at ipodco@aol.com so I can give you the email and help with the home screens
    Ok thanks.
    I sent it.
    Ok got it
    I just Sent one to you