Opinions on Logo

BlazingApplicationsBlazingApplications Member Posts: 340
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

I used sdsmith64 logo service, and I think he has done a great job so far. I highly recommend his services.

So what do you guys think of the logo? Feedback would be greatly appreciated.

Comments

• ultimaultima Member, PRO Posts: 1,207
    it sux... haha j/k

it's pretty interesting.. take note of your negative space,, and avoid sharp point.... also the negative space on the right is too sharp and skinny. once u fix them it should be good... does that say BA? sort of?
  • old_kipperold_kipper Member Posts: 1,420
    The flame shapes look fine, but the text is too skinny as Ultima says. I would check the flame colour against different backgrounds to see how it reads and play with fonts to find something more legible at small sizes.
    yes the text is skinny too but i was referring to the logo itself(since he asked for opinion on the logo). sorry it's confusing because i try not to use overly technical terms... it's kind of hard to point out what's wrong without a common term to use..

in short, the logo works, and the type works, it just needs refinements. rounding out sharp points, beefing up the type, watching the counter space around the logo and within the logo... but anyway don't worry too much, you can hire someone to fix your logo when you make a ton of cash.
  • JohnPapiomitisJohnPapiomitis Member Posts: 6,256
    ultima said:
    yes the text is skinny too but i was referring to the logo itself(since he asked for opinion on the logo). sorry it's confusing because i try not to use overly technical terms... it's kind of hard to point out what's wrong without a common term to use..

in short, the logo works, and the type works, it just needs refinements. rounding out sharp points, beefing up the type, watching the counter space around the logo and within the logo... but anyway don't worry too much, you can hire someone to fix your logo when you make a ton of cash.

hes hiring someone to do it now haha. But yeah i agree with what everyone said
    hum... in that case hire someone who will charge you at least $3000 for a logo when you make enough money to worry about what a $3000 logo can do for you

if you like the logo as it is... you can make the flame a bit smaller and loose the bars.. they are distracting.
  • 3d103d10 Member Posts: 471
    If you make games then it does not look like a game company logo.
  • DreamLabDreamLab Member Posts: 2,127
    3d10 said:
    If you make games then it does not look like a game company logo.

Here is the way I see it.

I personally like the logo. But. I don't see how you can say it's not like a game company logo. The thing is, there is no "type" of logo that you are supposed to have. It can be ANYTHING! It's all about personality and personal preference. Not what looks or doesn't look like another person's logo. I would maybe add a shine animation to where the flame/title has a shine go across, just to give it more life. But I would say it looks great! It does have a harry potter look to it, which isn't bad at all!

In the end, its all personal preference. People aren't going to buy your game because your company logo doesn't fit their needs. Maybe some crack head, but the average person wouldn't do that.

Just my opinion.
  • firemaplegamesfiremaplegames Member Posts: 3,211
    Personally, I would flip the logo horizontally. Then the flame shape would play off the letter 'b' and will give you that nice additional level of meaning.

The font is definitely too skinny. It will disappear at smaller sizes. I too would lose the bars, I agree they are distracting and unnecessary. As you work on it, you should see how it holds up at smaller sizes, like on a business card.

But keep playing around with it. I think it looks cool! You are on the right track!!
  • 3d103d10 Member Posts: 471
    @Dreamlab
    That is your personal opinion as you see.But you as can never see what other see in there opinion you can not say that my opinion is wrong until
    And ofcourse if you have any eye for details you Wont have said this.
    You can have your opinions as you like.But don't get me wrong.
    Logo reflects the company.It shows what type of company you are.That is why people care so much about the logos.
    When you see logo of the company don,t you guess to associate
    what work it does or offers.
    c'mon guys let's not fight over it.. no one knows what kinda game he offers. there's no context to based anything upon.. so any comment on i like it or i don't like it has no relevance unless he tells us what he's actually doing. we don't even know if he makes games or not.
  • old_kipperold_kipper Member Posts: 1,420
    I scan the avatars...
  • BlazingApplicationsBlazingApplications Member Posts: 340
    Thank you all for the great feedback. I am going to make some changes and post version number two later today.
  • gyroscopegyroscope I am here.Member, Sous Chef, PRO Posts: 6,598
    I'll add my penny's worth to the other guys' spot-on comments (if I'm not too late):

The symbol dominates the type, and even when the type is fattened up, will still be too large in relation to the type, in my opinion. It can afford to be made smaller.

The word "Applications" is a bit clunky, maybe? Or even a bit misleading? The term applications has become to mean programs for the desktop computer; iOS programs are generically known as Apps, as you know. So maybe consider Blazing Apps?

For what it's worth, the "ambience" created by this logo, for me, says RPG games. Whether that's helpful for you or not, I don't know... ;-)

Best of luck with getting it tweaked; I'm sure it'll look the business soon.

""You are in a maze of twisty passages, all alike." - Zork        temp domain http://spidergriffin.wix.com/alphaghostapps

• mithraweptmithrawept Member, PRO Posts: 167
    While I like the solidity, it looks to me a like a sign outside some corporate headquarters somewhere. It reminds me of a finance of solicitors firm rather than software. Perhaps try something a bit more fun?
  • AsymptoteellAsymptoteell Member Posts: 1,362
    I like the flame part, though the text needs some work. My suggestion: use the same basic shape for each game, but the golden look might not always fit, so maybe sometimes use a more cartoonish version for a more lighthearted game, or a doodle style if your game is doodle style. Big companies also do that, for example, I feel like ea's logo was changed for boom blocks to explode into a bunch of little pieces, some game I played, I can't remember which, had a logo update to look dusty, to fit with it's cowboy theme. That's what I can suggest. Also, lose the bars, and try making the text less shiny, see how it looks. I'm not guarenteeing it will look better, but maybe using a different texture for the flame and the text will make it look better. Still, it looks pretty great so far, and I'm sure it will only get better, if you tell the artist to change it a bit.
    Asymptoteell
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic What do you think?
    RKS said:
    Getting better, but flip the flame horizontally.

Not sure I know what you mean?
    please do not use harry potter typeface unless you are mr potter himself =)

there's spacing issue with the word Applications it's reading A pplic a tions.. the logo is still the same it didn't change, the sharpness needs to be rounded. but i think it's very smart to change the orientation to vertical now because your logo can breath better in this type of configuration, now the next step to do is to play with proportion of the logo and the type... make one small and the other big ... and vise versa .. see how it looks . usually our gut reaction is good indication.

i do also like how the texture in the back ground is more present in this version, it made the texture of the logo/text itself less awkward.

if you study the harry potter logo which i believe is your inspiration(which is very well executed), you'll notice nothing is truly as sharp as some of the points are, they are slightly round off as in zoom in 1600% rounded out.. it'll be easier on your eye. and the ridge (center) is also slightly softened, as oppose to your eye cutting sharp version.. so once you get those fixed, you'll be in even better shape...

if you look at your text ZIN is actually quite beautifully done. other characters needs to follow.

it's coming along nicely... and bare in mind.. i still don't know a thing about what you are making so .. so far my comments are purely based on form(al) assessment. meaning you could possibly end up with the most beautifully done logo and it not matching the games you make =) just a heads up.
  • megamoomegamoo PRO Posts: 11
    I think you should have a look at the logo for Al Jazzeria, the arabic news channel as your flame logo is looking quite like theirs. What are your games like? If they are historical, war or magical then it does suit if not think of something more appropraite....
  • gyroscopegyroscope I am here.Member, Sous Chef, PRO Posts: 6,598
    In the "Harry Potter" type version, the word "Applications" is missing the "i" - thought you ought to know.

""You are in a maze of twisty passages, all alike." - Zork        temp domain http://spidergriffin.wix.com/alphaghostapps