Are these graphics good enough?

jfrancisjfrancis Member Posts: 57
I just wanted to know if the graphics on this app are good enough to get atleast 10 sales a day for the first week atleast.
http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/disasterville-pro/id455623724?ls=1&mt=8d
And for those who make their own art then how long do you spend on one actor? And what programs do you use?

Comments

• jonmulcahyjonmulcahy Member, Sous Chef Posts: 10,408
    They are ok, but what's the gameplay like, I'd be more concerned with that
  • old_kipperold_kipper Member Posts: 1,420
    Is your art good enough? I seriously do not think so.

How long would I spend on one actor's art and animation? recently 4x16hour days. What programs? Photoshop and After Effects.
  • ultimaultima Member, PRO Posts: 1,207
    good enough isn't good enough.. keep improving yourself always. =)
  • DhondonDhondon Member Posts: 717
    Gradients (on everything) screams beginner/amateur. Use that tool with caution. Try giving the castle and the grass some interesting surface. Don't just slap on some photos, try learning some pixel art.
  • 3d103d10 Member Posts: 471
    If you do use gradients then have a good color scheme mainly to give a shade.
    Something with a little subtle texture would look good rather then a plain color.
    You can try to have a background little more interesting by adding a sun and some shafts.
    The castle look all right to me.Give the grass a subtle texture.That will make it look good and combined with good gameplay you will have no problems.
  • jfrancisjfrancis Member Posts: 57
    So make the graphics smoother and not as much gradient? Do you know where I can get the textures some of you are talking about? Or do I make them?
  • jfrancisjfrancis Member Posts: 57
    "Some of the textures"
    Trying to type on my phone :P