Some New Suggestions

sewinstonsewinston Member Posts: 51
edited November -1 in Working with GS (Mac)
So I been using GS for a few months now and I thought I would pass along some suggestions I haven't seen mentioned yet.

UI:

1) List View and Folders for the Images and Actors section.
2) Numerical Display/Input Box for Position, Rotagion, and Scale ot the actors on the stage.
3) When moving actors around the stage using the arrow keys, SHIFT + arrow key will move actor 10 pixels instead of 1 (Like photoshop and after effects)

In-Game:

I'd like to see a way to update content in a game and add external web links but still keep it simple enough to fit into the non-programming environment that GS is. So...

4) .html as actor. Add a rule that allows for a web link that points to content on the web. For example, add a rule that says "get content from http://www.whatever.com/actor.html".

When a game is launched (on a computer or iphone) the webpage could be cached for display throughout gameplay (so the iphone doesn't need to consistently be checking the internet). If no network connection is available, the previously cached webpage or a default image could be displayed.

There could be some basic restrictions like the content must be the same size as the actor and content could be restricted to images and hyperlinks so there is no compatibility issues.

iPhone:

5) Assuming you (Gendai) go ahead with your plan to charge per export, I'd like to see the ability to purchase an export "window" which would allow users to do multiple exports of the same project over a predetermined period of time. This would be crucial for anyone who is doing work for a client as opposed to making a game for fun. That said, I'm more of a fan of doing a subscription style pricing, like X dollars for 1 year of unlimited exports.

6) If you (again, Gendai) are not adding your own analytics you should do so and give us a way of accessing them. I was very impressed by a persentaion I saw from the owner of Pinch Media (pinchmedia.com) about the free services they provide. Again, very important if you making a game corporate client.

That is all for now. Hope this is helpful, you guys are doing a great job.

Comments

• superNESsuperNES Member Posts: 166
    Hey there Sewinston. These are very good suggestions and we really appreciate you posting your thoughts here. I will say some of these are in the works - unfortunately I can't specify which. ;)

We encourage you and everyone else to continue posting your suggestions and help us make the best tool ever.