Wait, WHAT is the Think Outside The Box Contest?

svnsvn Member Posts: 445
edited November -1 in Conferences and Events
I read a post from GAmersRejoice talking about winning the Think Outside The Box Contest. But what exactly IS it? BAsed on Gamers's post, I think i would like to enter another TOTB contest. But first I have to know what it IS.

Comments

• tenrdrmertenrdrmer Member, Sous Chef, Senior Sous-Chef Posts: 9,934
    There's a Forum Category for the TOTB contest. You can find more info about the contest itself there.
  • svnsvn Member Posts: 445
    This sounds EPIC. When's TOTB 4 ?
  • osucowboy18osucowboy18 Member Posts: 1,307
    Jon from Stormy Studios runs each contest. It will be up to him when the next one is.

- Alex
  • StormyStudioStormyStudio United KingdomMember Posts: 3,989
    No plans on doing another one just yet. Got a few other projects I want to complete first.

Maybe I'll wait till winter for the next one.
  • LumpAppsLumpApps Member Posts: 2,880
    Yes! With a snow theme please ;)
  • 11clock11clock Member Posts: 450
    LudwigHeijden said:
    Yes! With a snow theme please ;)

There has already been a snow competition before, and it was quite popular. It was YoYo Games' first competition held a while back.

I'd like to see a unique theme that hasn't been done before. The ocean theme was kind of lame, as we already have plenty of ocean games.
  • StormyStudioStormyStudio United KingdomMember Posts: 3,989
    The 2nd theme was the arctic so I don't think snow would be the right theme.

At 11oclock glad you enjoyed the last theme.

The theme is there really to stop people starting early and to help with a creative. I don't see the theme ever being the reason not to take part or to hinder a game design.

Maybe something completely random next time. The game theme could be based on 'the meaning of life'. Or something like that. A thought process is the basis of the theme rather than an environment.

Etc etc etc. ya de ya de ya.