Needing help with walking animation

SlightlyGrimSlightlyGrim Member Posts: 51
Hi

I've been trying to animate my character but having real trouble doing it right, Could do with help or possible someone to do it for me. Sadly I can't pay but definitely give credit in game. I'll upload the image of my character and I can send anyone who is will to help the actual film.

Help very much appreciated.

Thanks

Grim

Comments

• old_kipperold_kipper Member Posts: 1,420
    do a google image search for walk cycle and you'll find lots of good reference that should sort things. Good luck
  • SlightlyGrimSlightlyGrim Member Posts: 51
    Yeah tried using them but I just can't seem to get it right not sure why, cheers anyway
  • zombieaddictzombieaddict Member Posts: 213
    are u using a program for the animation or are you doing it on actual paper? work out the key poses for the contact.

http://cyberdog.wikispaces.com/file/view/WalkCycle_Side.jpg/30505746/WalkCycle_Side.jpg

notice how the 2 contact poses are directly opposite each other? to make it easy on yourself start out with these. it doesnt matter which side you do first, left or right leg first so long as the next contact frame is the direct opposite. also make sure to alternate the arms. if your left leg is moving forward, your left arm is moving back simultaneously.

once you've done the contacts, do a "down" pose after each one. it shouldnt be that much of a change from the contact poses other than the weight be transfered to the front leg and the knee bent alot (see that picture again)

now you should have 4 frames. after that do a "passing" pose. its called passing because its the point where the left or right leg is passing over the other leg. if you do 2 passing frames. you should now have 6 frames which is enough to do a convincing walk cycle but you might have to slow down the FPS rate when playing the animation. If the animation looks jerky you might have to add in some extra frames inbetween some of the keyposes.
    http://s1223.photobucket.com/albums/dd511/Slightlygrim/

here a link to the character, cheers
  • zombieaddictzombieaddict Member Posts: 213
    which direction is he meant to be walking in and from what angle? profile view (side) or walking away from/towards the screen?
    towards the screen, kind of diagonally downwards if that makes sense