Help With Making Graphics...

iOSLabiOSLab Member Posts: 57
I Made Some Characters But How Can i make them move like the characters in the Gamesalad MarketPlace???? I Mean How can i make them like a video, they keep moving (Walking)...

Comments

• BIG_THINKIN_APPSBIG_THINKIN_APPS Member Posts: 944
    i think you have to use the move to behavior of animate
  • 3d103d10 Member Posts: 471
    You need to make the gif image of that characters if you have drawn several frames in the program.I don't know which program you used to make the images.

But at least you need to have 5-10 frames to look like it.
  • iOSLabiOSLab Member Posts: 57
    I Have Used PhotoShop, What programe i have to use to make the gif image?
  • 3d103d10 Member Posts: 471
    In photoshop import all your frames in a canvas.i believe they are transparent pngs .
    Then animation and make frames from layer.Select all the layers from the timeline and give that timing whatever you think is correct.
    Then just choose save for web and devices and select the gif format and save the file.
    You will have the gif image which you open in your browser will loop on like a video.
  • SlickZeroSlickZero Houston, TexasMember, Sous Chef Posts: 2,870
    You can't use animated .gif's in GameSalad. What you are seeing is a series of sprites that are animated through the "Animate" behavior. You need to create a series of images, just like old school animation, and once you have a walk cycle or whatever you want to animate completed with however many images you need to make it work right, you import all of those images into GameSalad, and use the "Animate" behavior, and drag all of those images into that behavior, and GameSalad will animate them according to the frames per second you assign to it. You can re-arrange the images inside the behavior as well.

All your images should be saved in the .png format.
  • iOSLabiOSLab Member Posts: 57
    Can someone make a video for this
    SlickZero said:
    You can't use animated .gif's in GameSalad. What you are seeing is a series of sprites that are animated through the "Animate" behavior. You need to create a series of images, just like old school animation, and once you have a walk cycle or whatever you want to animate completed with however many images you need to make it work right, you import all of those images into GameSalad, and use the "Animate" behavior, and drag all of those images into that behavior, and GameSalad will animate them according to the frames per second you assign to it. You can re-arrange the images inside the behavior as well.

All your images should be saved in the .png format.

• imperiousdevimperiousdev Member Posts: 35
    Check out the following link;

http://www.smartphotoshop.com/drawing/walk-cycle-of-a-stick-man.htm

It isnt a video of using withing GameSald, but effectively gives you an idea of what they mean. You can't bring one animated gif file into the GameSalad environment. So you need to create your animation as individual files. Basically one png image for each step or phase of a characters walk.

GameSalad then has a behaviour called 'animate' which allows you to drag each of your files into it in order and assign certain properties which then animates your character.