GameSalad has... I don't even know what happened?!

KamazarKamazar Member Posts: 287
edited November -1 in Tech Support
I was working on a fade actor but apparently something went wrong and it messed up the behavior flow. I got rid of it's rules and restarted the game. Now, every time I press the start button in the main menu to change the scene, nothing happens. The little caption that displays the name of the scene changes, but I'm still seeing the images from the first scene. And when I try to preview the playing field (the scene I was originally trying to change to), I get a completely black screen. I deleted and reinstalled the app, same problem. I'm guessing something went wrong with the file?

Comments

• ktfrightktfright Member Posts: 964
    When you deleted the rules, was one of the rules a behavior that changed to a specific scene?
  • KamazarKamazar Member Posts: 287
    No, I checked them. I'm able to go from the main screen to the game over screen, but not from the main screen to the actual game. All I got rid off was the fade actor's rules and a game attribute.
  • CodeMonkeyCodeMonkey Head Chef, Member, PRO Posts: 1,803
    Look to see what enables your change scene behaviors. Backtrack to what causes those rules, if any, to be true.

Also, check all your actor instances in the broken scene to make sure you don't have any broken references.
  • KamazarKamazar Member Posts: 287
    I'll comb through the rules, but the reasons for changing scenes are simple.

If mouse is over "Start Button" and if mouse is down, change scene to "Playing Field."

It didn't just not work, there was some weird glitch. Like I said, it still showed the opening scenes, but according to GameSalad, I was in the Playing Field scene. The change scene behavior worked when I switched "Playing Field" for the scene "Game Over". And there shouldn't be a problem with the actors since they're all self-contained. They're not connected with any of the other scenes.

But like I said, I'll go through every single rule again. Maybe I messed up a setting or something.